WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title says it all. I can't decide which way to go. The only two watches i own at this time are a DW-003B (g shock) and a SNE047 .....Will the mako XL be bigger than my g shock? Give me your opinions guys. Is the lume going to be the same on both of these? I've read conflicting things in this regard! also is ordering from Orient Watches , Orient Watch, Orient Automatic Watches - Free Shipping legit or are better options out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
They are in reality 150 dollar watches. Not a life threatening decision. Flip a coin and be happy...
Agreed.. Not quite sure why the OP had to come here and ask a question about which one to buy. Plenty of reviews and comments about both here on the forum..

I have to say I am starting to wonder about how people manage to live their own lives if they have to ask others to make a decision for them..

·
Registered
19,608 Posts
Well, I joined Rojote for the "coin flipping" solution :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed.. Not quite sure why the OP had to come here and ask a question about which one to buy. Plenty of reviews and comments about both here on the forum..

I have to say I am starting to wonder about how people manage to live their own lives if they have to ask others to make a decision for them..
To some of us buying something for $150 when it isn't something you don't need is a "big deal". This is my first watch purchase EVER. I came here for some insight and help with a deciding factor that i was hoping someone here would able to provide me with. Being that they were so similar I was hoping for someone to post about one little thing that would set them apart. Thanks for assuming that because I wanted some advice from knowledgeable people that my life is lived on the basis of other people dictating it for me, when i just wanted some advice to make a informed decision.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I joined Rojote for the "coin flipping" solution :p
Yea, I was hoping for some small difference that wasn't there which i figured no better place but watchuseek to find that!I figured going with the larger face would be better, we shall see!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
To some of us buying something for $150 when it isn't something you don't need is a "big deal". This is my first watch purchase EVER. I came here for some insight and help with a deciding factor that i was hoping someone here would able to provide me with. Being that they were so similar I was hoping for someone to post about one little thing that would set them apart. Thanks for assuming that because I wanted some advice from knowledgeable people that my life is lived on the basis of other people dictating it for me, when i just wanted some advice to make a informed decision.
My comment wasn't aimed at you specifically and I apologise for having written it that way.. There has been a tendency for people to come across the forum and ask questions without doing any of their own research.. As I said plenty of reviews and opinions to be found amongst the other threads..

Now if someone comes here and introduces themself before starting and spends some time going through the threads and then asks the question based on having looked and not found what they were after I could understand the questioning.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not to ruffle any feathers, but from experience i will say that if you come in here and politely ask for (without demanding) opinions, even if it is your first post, you will get them.

The watch you took is very nice no doubt. Most people in here love it, and i would say from what i have seen many prefer it to the ray. For me, i prefer the dial on the ray, and the size. Ray just looks better I feel, but it is totally subjective. The ray also has the "new" factor as well.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
LOL. A WIS doesn't worry about the rest of their life as much as they do about watches though!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Tthe difference does not matter. The fact that you are looking a this forum, asking questions and choosing nice watches to start with, indicates a very high chance that , you too, will be soon infected. You will end up buying both eventually, and many more. you will spend countless hours browsing the affordable forum, then slowly drift to the other sections, divers, chinese, russian, etc... Next will be project watches, browsing the for sale section..
Oh yeah, both of these are gateway watches..may your wallet rest in peace.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't like the colors the Ray is offered in. I really wanted the Green bezel and that is only available in the Mako XL. I have been very happy since my purchase!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts