WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a month since I received my first G-Shock. I sold of a lot of my swiss collection so I had some money to spend. It is so much fun to hunt for G's and I my goal is to score them for under 50 euros (Limiteds excepted) I must be lucky or a good hunter because I have seven now! This is getting a little bit out of control. Does is stop? :oops:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can feel for you. I was in the same situation 7 weeks ago and I now have 15 in my collection. It tired me out so I am taking a break :). Is that you in the avatar?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nope!

Since getting my GA-100 on June 1st I now have 6 G's and I'm constantly on eBay searching out more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I understand you, I did the same. I had so many mechanicals and now I have only G's!
Well just try to enjoy them more in sea, on the mountains, biking etc, that will make you to love more the ones you have and wont ask for more.
It helped me at least :-d

·
Registered
355 Posts
Puhhhh, it's so good to hear that it's not just me. :-s
There is something special about the G-shock. They are easy to obtain, not to mention the affordable / colorful / loyal / tough/ coooool , and can find the heart of each individual, by just giving it a single chance.:-d

My poor collection by so far :

GA-100 AKA the "Bumble bee"

G-shock Frogman 25th Anniversary GLORIOUS GOLD

G-6900GR AKA "Go green" the kermit

G-shock G7800b

DW-6900CB-4 (on the way) :-d

Hopefully, I have doubled up at the end of this year
.:-!b-)
What I'm missing here, like a true collector should have?! any ideas?!

·
Registered
440 Posts
My first post in the G-Shock forum was on the 21st May and I'd just bought 3 that week.

Nearly two month's later I'm at 8 with my eyes on a couple more.

It's crazy but fun!

·
7,405 Posts
It gets worse....I went from just G-Shocks to Seikos and Citizen, and then I started looking at those Swiss watches o|

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi everyone,
I think I am infected with the same G-bug too. In the past week I've picked up 2 G6900 tough solar (a yellow and a black), 1 Miro Mudman, 2 other Mudmen with Orange buttons (one is for my wife) and placed an order for 2 GA100 (a Bumble Bee and an all black) and an orange GA110. This has to stop before I go out of my mind! HELP!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi everyone,
I think I am infected with the same G-bug too. In the past week I've picked up 2 G6900 tough solar (a yellow and a black), 1 Miro Mudman, 2 other Mudmen with Orange buttons (one is for my wife) and placed an order for 2 GA100 (a Bumble Bee and an all black) and an orange GA110. This has to stop before I go out of my mind! HELP!

haha, you are at least politically correct to purchase one for the lady, otherwise she had stopped you for a long time ago.:-d
What about us singles!? No one stopping us until our account is complete blank
.:-s:think:eek:|
If I suddenly stop writing here at WUS, it is because I did not pay electricity / internet bill ;-)

God damn Casio/seiko etc.
what idiot discovered watches!?
:-d

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Glad you're sticking with <€50 models though pretty soon you'll start to wonder about that Frogman, then maybe a vintage Wide Temp - then you'll think Swiss watches weren't that pricey after all :).

·
Registered
181 Posts
This is just my opinion, it is very "dangerous" to jump from Swiss over to Gs! I just picked up an Aquaracer Auto a month ago. That I had to save for, but here it is relatively quite affordable suddenly and one feels very "liberated" with the crazy choices/options and affordability. The fun is endless! You get color options and different functions available to suit your mood and this is only a specific model of which there are many. I keep finding something I want.. like a perpetual itch and it's so good, no one wants to stop anyways. Gs are just endless fun and they keep coming up with new ones to keep the fun going..

1 - 20 of 44 Posts