WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm very found of B&R watches but do not want to put 3000€ in watch which can't display the day and doesn't have a metal bracelet :)

so I received this one this morning from HK, got it for 25€ including delivery from ebay

it's not a fake or a replica... but a mix of a Tourbillon case, BR03 size, what seems to be a seagull 6 hands movement, and a rubber band (short...) which doesn't smell bad, hands are nice but without any lume, absolutely not water resistant, the movement is noisy but hackable and windable, it's not a chrono (don't like chrono...) but the small dials are day, date, and 24hr and it's working since 2 hours on my wrist, if it's always working in a couple of weeks I'll try to open it and lume the hands

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's obiously a copy, but absolutely not a fake, there is no b&r mark at all on it, the brand on the dial is "micenga"

it's still running after 3 days... I'm trying to find how to record it's incredible noise :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never forget that the BR Instrument line is nothing else that a Sinn 656 with a square case :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I think most of us are familiar with the history of B & R...

Not sure I understand your point...This is a Bell and Ross Forum not a Micenga forum...

Congatulations on your purchase...Personally, I am not a big fan of replicas, fakes or knock-offs, but that's just me...I know others feel differently as they can wear something that has the look they want at an affordable price...To each is own...Good luck w/yours...

Cheers...

·
Registered
114 Posts
You are 100% correct! That is NOT a Bell and Ross!!!
DING DING DING!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!

I gues this is the antithesis of the.. "I just bought a BR01 from Ebay for $200! Is it real?" thread?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

I'm very found of B&R watches but do not want to put 3000€ in watch which can't display the day and doesn't have a metal bracelet

obviously not a true B&R fan

·
Registered
44 Posts
True, but his nose is not stuck up in the air!
actually I was referring to this statement in the OP:

I'm very found of B&R watches but do not want to put 3000€ in watch which can't display the day and doesn't have a metal bracelet

If you can't see why B&R took these design decisions, you are obviously not a true B&R fan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
interesting... what about the Space 3 ? not a true B&R ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
interesting... what about the Space 3 ? not a true B&R ?
You do realize that the Intrument and Professional collections have TOTALLY different design purposes...

I am not trying to offend anybody here. I am just saying that if you do not see the value in the design (as you clearly stated) then you cannot be a true fan of the design.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts