WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a dispicable, horrid and unruley thing. o|o|o|

I BOUGHT ANOTHER G-SHOCK!!!! :-d

Yep, this time it's the GW1500A. I just couldn't pass up the deal of $75 shipped. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or even better, by Friday.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just did a dispicable, horrid and unruley thing. o|o|o|

I BOUGHT ANOTHER G-SHOCK!!!! :-d

Yep, this time it's the GW1500A. I just couldn't pass up the deal of $75 shipped. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or even better, by Friday.

Nice watch! Yup, you've definitely been bitten by the G Shock bug! Welcome to the club. ;-)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken Brian D. has one of these and has posted his impressions at various times, all positive IIRC

this is an interesting model that I didn't like at first but continues to grow on me.

cheers

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I really like watches that have that rugged, tough and beefy look, and this one definately has it. ;-)

As a side note, so do the two other models I'm eyeballing! :-d

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i have one of these,this watch is ten times better looking in person, plus the blue LED backlights are super cool! :-!

it would be even better if it received the UK atomic signal..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have one of these,this watch is ten times better looking in person, plus the blue LED backlights are super cool! :-!

it would be even better if it received the UK atomic signal..
Blue LED backlight, huh? You wouldn't happen to have a night shot, would you? That does sound cool!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Hey, I've seen some shots. The blue LED's shoot from the 3 and nine markers and from what I've seen look realllly cool. I've been eye'in that one for a long time... after Christmas there will be one in my house... haha..

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
its a world away from the usual EL's i can tell you! i dont have any pics as my camera its crap at taking photo's in dark/dusky conditions! <|

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I've seen some shots. The blue LED's shoot from the 3 and nine markers and from what I've seen look realllly cool. I've been eye'in that one for a long time... after Christmas there will be one in my house... haha..
Do you realise that before too long, I'll only be one G behind you?! LOL ;-)

its a world away from the usual EL's i can tell you! i dont have any pics as my camera its crap at taking photo's in dark/dusky conditions! <|
Tell you what, once I get mine, I'll take some night shots of it and post them. :-!

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken Brian D. has one of these and has posted his impressions at various times, all positive IIRC

this is an interesting model that I didn't like at first but continues to grow on me.

cheers
Yup, it's a keeper. Very comfortable on my wrist and the EL rocks! My only VERY small complaint is the size of the sub dials. Kind hard to read at a quick glance but I mainly wear it on the weekend and not for work so it's not that big of a deal. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives :-!. Quick wrist shot of mine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is a night shot.
OOOOOOOooooooooo!!! Nice! :p

Yup, it's a keeper. Very comfortable on my wrist and the EL rocks! My only VERY small complaint is the size of the sub dials. Kind hard to read at a quick glance but I mainly wear it on the weekend and not for work so it's not that big of a deal. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives :-!. Quick wrist shot of mine.
From the looks of it, I think I'm going to be enjoying this watch for a long time to come. The only complaints I think I'm going to have with the sub-dials is that I have read that when in "Date Stamp" mode, the display constantly switches back and forth between the date and day and that the right dial is completely useless as it constantly counts down 10 seconds or something and can't be stopped. That's kind of like the 60 minutes count down on my GW330. :roll:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome to this G-Shock fun!

I bought that same watch at Wal*Mart here in Indy last weekend ($100). A cool watch.

The weekend before I bought a GW-500A and two weeks before THAT, I bought an MTG-900.

Now, if I can just find an MTG-910 here locally, I'll be all set...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :-d

·
Registered
12 Posts
My only problem with the watch was that it has no countdown timer. I would love this watch in all polished stainless steel case and band.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
The GW1400 is a stainless version of this same module, with protector bars (I have one :)). Older ones (like mine) do not have the numeral at 12 o'clock position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do not like the squared off look of the face. I just look past those watches without giving them a second look.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Don't dig either the rubber nor the metal version...

But hey, you like it and that's all it counts! :-!

Wear it in good health mate! :-!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts