WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any information on the 1950's hand wind movement utilized in the Jacques Etoile Horst Jakob 50th Anniversary watch? :think:

At least the question did not pertain to Damasko! :)

If anyone might know, it would have to be Mike Stuffler right? :-!

Any info would be much appreciated!

S

·
0 Posts
There have been two Anniversary watches:

1) Jacques Etoile KLAUS JAKOB DEBUT, a limited edition of 100 watches with ETA 2824-2

2) Jacques Etoile Horst Jakob 50 th Anniversary , also a limited edition with handwinding AS 1123

10.5''', diameter: 23,3 mm, height: 4 mm
15 jewels, 18.000 b/h, power reserve of about 40h

Link to the Ranfft database (movement pics): http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&4&2uswk&AS_1123

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There have been two Anniversary watches:

1) Jacques Etoile KLAUS JAKOB DEBUT, a limited edition of 100 watches with ETA 2824-2

2) Jacques Etoile Horst Jakob 50 th Anniversary , also a limited edition with handwinding AS 1123

10.5''', diameter: 23,3 mm, height: 4 mm
15 jewels, 18.000 b/h, power reserve of about 40h

Link to the Ranfft database (movement pics): http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?00&ranfft&4&2uswk&AS_1123
thanks mike. do you know what the abbreviation AS stands for?

S

·
0 Posts
Sure I do ;-)

AS stands for A. Schild SA

The A. Schild SA (know as AS or ASSA) was founded in 1896 by Adolph Schild (brother of Urs Schild who founded "Dr. Girard & Schild" later known as Eterna). The factory was located at Grenchen.
AS first was specialized on small calibers, later the went on to produce wrist watch movements. But they also produced alarm clock and clock for car dashboards.
In 1926 A. Schild co-operated with well-known british watchmaker John Harwood which marks the entry into automatic watch movements. Later in 1926 the A. Schild SA merged with Fabrique d'Horlogerie de Fontainemelon (FHF) and Ad. Michel SA and became the "Ebauches-AG".

From 1931 they produced the "Autorist" movements, developed by Harwood.
In 1954 the wrist alarm watch movement 1475 with two main springs was launched. Up to 1971 781.000 piecs have been produced. In 1970 the AS 1475 with a more clssic beat (18.000 b/h) bcame the "new" AS 1930 with 21.600 b/h; the AS 1568 bcame the AS 1931.
I own two wrist alarm watches with a movement called „Brain-Matic", better known as the AS 5008 (under 200.000 have been produced). 1983 AS vanished.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
We obviously need to try harder to stump Mike! :-d

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike,

I am very impressed. :thanks:-!

Can you also see into the future?!? :think:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Mike

Your reference to the 'Autorist' is the first I have seen although I have a small, rectangular wristwatch with fixed lugs and the original, good quality, leather strap.

The crown does not wind the movement and fits flush to the case. The watch winds by tyhe movement of one articulated lug. As the wrist moves the lug flexes back and forward and bears on a 'pin' which protrudes from the bottom of the movement inside the case.

I haven't seen any reference to this is any of my books and none of my watch obsessed friends have seen it, including a couple of retired watch repairers.

Can anyone give me any firther information?

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
We obviously need to try harder to stump Mike! :-d
No crap! I only even looked at the thread to see if the question got a response from Mike. yea...I guess so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts