WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

5021 - 5040 of 5155 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Been gone a while. Just checking in.

Also... I did a thing a couple weeks ago:

Was browsing through the Omega Boutique while doing some last minute holiday shopping. AD mentioned that it was his last 1863 sammich, and that it was all 3861/3863 from here on out. Had to go for it. Don't judge.

This is maybe the only thing that could get the AVG off my wrist. I suspect that after the honeymoon, they'll be sharing regular wrist time.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts

View attachment 15641360

Was browsing through the Omega Boutique while doing some last minute holiday shopping. AD mentioned that it was his last 1863 sammich, and that it was all 3861/3863 from her on out. Had to go for it. Don't judge.

This is maybe the only thing that could get the AVG off my wrist. I suspect that after the honeymoon, they'll be sharing regular wrist time.
Its been my radar for a while like the doxa. But I look forward to micros like NTH to create something more to my "speed " (pun).

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What bezel to what model?

If you're thinking about replacing the Barracuda Brown bezel with the Holland's, I can tell you based on the mix-up we had that they don't look right together. The browns aren't close enough to be a match, and not far apart enough to be seen as complementary.
This but with a Barracuda bezel. Really like the Dolphin dial/hands. Think I'd prefer a warmer bezel. To my eye, the dial darkens slightly towards the edges with some subtle tan/brown tones. So thought a brown bezel might work well.

I'd prefer bezel lume to still match dial lume, but oh well. If you find any lume mix-ups in the latest Barracuda batch, I'd be interested.

·
Vendor
26,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,025
This but with a Barracuda bezel. Really like the Dolphin dial/hands. Think I'd prefer a warmer bezel. To my eye, the dial darkens slightly towards the edges with some subtle tan/brown tones. So thought a brown bezel might work well.

I'd prefer bezel lume to still match dial lume, but oh well. If you find any lume mix-ups in the latest Barracuda batch, I'd be interested.

View attachment 15641638

View attachment 15641639
"NOT REAL"

Shake muh head...

I'd never even contemplated that combo. And it's not just your eye. The dial does darken at the perimeter, by design.

Given the neutrality of the Dolphin's dial color, I don't see any obvious problems with putting the Holland's bezel insert next to it.

·
Vendor
26,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,026

View attachment 15641360

Was browsing through the Omega Boutique while doing some last minute holiday shopping. AD mentioned that it was his last 1863 sammich, and that it was all 3861/3863 from here on out. Had to go for it. Don't judge.

Congrats on the pickup, assuming it's something you'd been lusting after.

As opposed to you being the sort of straight up baller who walks into an AD and walks out with a Speedy completely by accident.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
500 Posts
Congrats on the pickup, assuming it's something you'd been lusting after.

As opposed to you being the sort of straight up baller who walks into an AD and walks out with a Speedy completely by accident.
I've wanted one ever since I first saw it in person, about 7 years ago. But honestly, wasn't planning to buy that day. I wasn't even tracking that the 3861 was about to come out. That's what put me over the top.

This year has been a rollercoaster for me in a lot of ways. Obviously, there's the big picture stuff that we're all dealing with. But closer to home, my grandmother passed away ( I suspect to COVID, but it was early on and the nursing home didn't do any testing), my mother almost died and is still hospitalized after two months, awaiting heart surgery. She spent Thanksgiving in the ICU. I call her every day, but the hospital won't even allow visitors right now. I had to put my dog down, and I just had surgery to repair a hernia.

But good things have happened too. We've been doing well financially (which I'm extremely grateful for) and my wife told me on Christmas morning that she's pregnant with our second. Buying this watch fits into all of this 2020 craziness somehow. I know nobody "needs" an expensive watch, but maybe I just "needed" it. One way or another, I didn't go there planning to buy it, but it felt right so I did it and I haven't regretted it.

Cheers to everyone in this forum. I hope your 2021 is spectacular.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finally was able to get my own orange DevilRay, it was seeing photos of this watch (years ago) that had me smitten.

Many nights had been spent looking at photos of this watch so to finally be in a position to get one in next to new condition, I am very happy and feel very lucky to have it, this is a grail piece for me and will not be leaving the collection for a very long time (if at all)

·
Registered
154 Posts
As @docvail previously alluded to, he and Dan created this DLC version of the Santa Fe for me. They fortunately had the spare parts from what was a very limited run of the original Santa Fe, and the DLC case from the current run.

I received the watch yesterday, and after two or so years of being an NTH Stan on social media, I have my first NTH watch. I am very impressed by the quality. Some of my random thought positives about the watch:

• The finishing is top notch, the polishing of the case edges looks amazing
  • The proportions of the case are pretty much perfect for my smaller size (6.75") wrist
  • Love the half links on the bracelet which allows for perfect fit to the wrist
  • Lume looks incredible, and the lumed signed crown is a nice touch
  • Very comfortable on wrist
  • Good bezel action, no play on bezel and winding is also a breeze
  • 9015 movement running very smoothly

With regards to the customer service:

• Very happy we could agree a price for essentially a customised model, especially when this is not something NTH does, nor are they looking to do regularly. Chris was very patient as we talked it through.
  • Communication from Chris was superb (and dry sense of humour suited me as a Scotsman)
  • Fast delivery from US to UK given the time of year and the current situation. Chris in contact during whole process to advise on customs etc.
  • Dan the watchmaker managed to fit in the assembly during his hectic Xmas schedule, which is appreciated.
  • I like the packaging with the watch and Chris kindly included a UV torch so I can show off the lume

All in all, I love the watch and while it's my first NTH, it certainly won't be my last.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
^I’m a big fan of your new night diver homage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! I did order a PVD jubilee (ebay) to complete the homagery to the 980.031 but the bracelet fits neither my wrist size nor does it fit the case of the watch :LOL:.

If you know of any sources to get one that fits in PVD - I would be obliged. Chris said that SKX013 bracelets fit, but I have been unable to find a PVD jubilee for SKX013.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice! I did order a PVD jubilee (ebay) to complete the homagery to the 980.031 but the bracelet fits neither my wrist size nor does it fit the case of the watch :LOL:.

If you know of any sources to get one that fits in PVD - I would be obliged. Chris said that SKX013 bracelets fit, but I have been unable to find a PVD jubilee for SKX013.
The bracelet on my watch is in fact a strapcode for skx013. It was not a good fit, but with a “good bit” of dremel grinding to endlinks it worked. I’d recommend looking for one with endlinks designed for Rolex sub case after my experience. I can’t wait for Chris to read that you are in search of a jubilee for this great watch, it will fulfill his heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5021 - 5040 of 5155 Posts