WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

6801 - 6820 of 7534 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I swear to God, if you don't know your a$$ from your elbow when it comes to this stuff, and you wade into this anyway, I will come to your house, break into it, and absolutely demolish your toilet.

You've been warned...
It's like my wife driving ten minutes out of her way to save $1.70 filling her tank.
to the first point, Come on over, im working from home, and bored. I got 2 bathrooms, so im good. we can grab a pizza.

and that second point made me laugh, my wife does that exact thing, and for some reason it drives me mental!

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,804 ·

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,805 ·
I prefer to think of it as "informed consent".

This message isn't angry, that's just my thumbs typing furiously.

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,806 ·
Think these came out pretty well. End-links fit better than the protos seen in the earlier photos.

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,808 · (Edited)
Lovely blue, and great indices. Whats the pattern/texture/effect of the blue on the dial called, please?
Uhm...so, it doesn't exactly have a name.

The center section is created using the same method used to create the horizontal "wood-grain" effect we've got for the Antilles, except in this case, instead of a parallel grain, it's radiating outward from center.

If anyone has a suggestion for it, let's hear it. It's not exactly "wood grain", is it, unless we're looking into a cross-sectioned piece, but not even exactly that, as there are no rings.

EDIT - maybe "wood stump"? Doesn't exactly sound very sexy, does it?

The outer section? To me, it most closely resembles denim, so let's call it "denim".

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Uhm...so, it doesn't exactly have a name.

The center section is created using the same method used to create the horizontal "wood-grain" effect we've got for the Antilles, except in this case, instead of a parallel grain, it's radiating outward from center.

If anyone has a suggestion for it, let's hear it. It's not exactly "wood grain", is it, unless we're looking into a cross-sectioned piece, but not even exactly that, as there are no rings.

EDIT - maybe "wood stump"? Doesn't exactly sound very sexy, does it?

The outer section? To me, it most closely resembles denim, so let's call it "denim".

View attachment 15868069
Kinda reminds me of a sunburst dial. Since you think the pattern looks like wood at the center and wanna call the outside ring "denim"...

My vote goes to "woodburst in denim".

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,810 ·
All I wanna do is a zooma zoom zoom and a lume lume!
20210506_191323.jpg

This message isn't angry, that's just my thumbs typing furiously.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Once you've set the internal bezel are you able to lock it in place?
Yes. The 2 o'clock crown sets the internal bezel and screws down locking the internal bezel.

Is there any weave pattern to that Azores dial? If so, there are a dozen (or more) different types of weave patterns. Percale, flannel, sateen, etc. Might be too obscure.

That said, I'm kind of liking the design. I love my Legend Diver but the lume sucks. I know, I know, it's a re-issue of a vintage piece but still. I also like the Oris Sixty-Five with it's massive lume and vintage look but kind of feel ambivalent about Oris.

The Azores has lume galore like I wish the LLD did, a real vintage-y look, and a lumed internal bezel in a cool double crown case of modern build and quality.

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,818 ·
Once you've set the internal bezel are you able to lock it in place?
Yes. The crown at two is a screw-down crown. Screwing it down locks the bezel in place.

·
Vendor
27,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,820 ·
Gents...just a heads-up.

For the next round of DevilRays, we'll be raising the price. I haven't figured out how much yet. It'll be at least $550, if not $575. I can't help it, and can't avoid it. Shipping and other costs having been going up steadily. The last release was actually under-priced, without me realizing it until after I'd shipped them all. It is what it is.

There are still half a dozen DevilRays available at $525, though, from IntoWatch in S.Korea - 인투와치.

They have the white, no-date only, and the black, either with or without the date, though I think they're down to just one no-date.

I know, I know - the website is in Korean. My browser (Chrome) translates it automatically, but even so, I think the translation stops at some point before you can complete checkout.

That said, the owner, Jun, is fluent in English, based on my many communications with him, and is more than happy to assist anyone who wants to make a purchase from his store. As a bonus, the man seems to never be asleep, so he's likely to get back to you in a timely way, if you email him for assistance, at [email protected].

6801 - 6820 of 7534 Posts