WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
9,741 - 9,760 of 15,034 Posts
/rant on
…and now for more FedEx shenanigans. Was sitting in my living room, main door open, full storm door closed, unbreakable clear glass from top to bottom. I'm sitting about five or six steps from door across living room. Dogs start going nuts barking at door, to the left where I can't see. I immediately got up (been waiting on Devil Ray all day) and went to door and outside. Driver was already pulling away (probably less than 15 seconds) but when he saw me come out, he stopped and backed up.

Brought my package to me in front yard. I said "You weren't going to stop?" He says, while looking at ground, 'I thought I had a misdelivery down the street." I then shared my episode from last week with him and he says "Was it ground or home?" I said "No, it was 2 day just like this one, but an envelope with a few watch bands in it.". He just shrugs, says have a good one and walks back to his truck and leaves.

I didn't check the time when he handed me the package, but sure enough got a delivery message saying signed for by W. William (not me). Then when I clicked on "Obtain proof of delivery", then the signature required question mark, it read "Adult recipient unavailable (age and required identification vary by country/territory)". Right after he put the package in my hand.

If adult signature required, how can a driver just sign for it? Doesn't that completely defeat paying for "adult signature required"?

Tell you what, given a choice I'll never use FedEx in the future.

At least I got my Devil Ray (though somewhat soured by the delivery experience)...and really only because I was paying attention.

/rant off
I have a direct opposite story re: FedEx. I normally are right with you with the delivery people, but apparently I learned that FedEx ground/home/and overnight express are all separate lines. I test out various products for a big name store time to time and this time around, was a big ticket item that came in multiple packages. I thought to myself, sure, I'll just go ahead and have the packages directed to my local Walgreens to pick up so that these won't be laying on my front porch. But NOPE, it can't be done, the sender wants a signature or no package delivery. I was supposed to receive it on a Friday and my wife was to be home while I was away on an office retreat 3 somewhat hours away. I get a notice that the packages will not be delivered on a Friday but next business day due. No reason given. I call Fedex, not one FOX given as well.

Now why is this the opposite of Lab's? Well, fast forward to Monday. I post a letter on my front door to FedEx to read. So when doing so, my Nest Doorbell will notify me of the person delivering and I can plead my case with them. The plan happened as expected. The delivery person did stop and read it, and while he was doing that, I started talking through my phone to him on the doorbell. I asked if he could sign on my behalf and leave it at the door based on my direction. He had to get clearance, which I totally understood because they could get in trouble if they aren't allowed to do that. He got back to me and said no, that they do need a signature. I was getting super frustrated but not at the guy, but at the situation and said if there was any way I can get these delivered today and I told him that I can actually be home within 15 minutes to sign for it if he could wait. He actually responded, and told me that he can do the rest of his local deliveries in the neighborhood and circle back in 15 minutes to meet me to get the signature. I was estatic!

I then hurried home and while pulling into my driveway, I see the FedEx dude sitting at the back of truck lounging. I felt guilty at first and asked if he was waiting there since I spoke with him. He said no, he finished up his local deliveries and just came back. Also he was ahead of schedule. He also said that based on the package info, if I hadn't signed for it, that these would have gone back to the sender. Then I would have been more than irate. But that didn't happened and offered him water or gaterade or something cold to drink for him being out there. At the time TX weather was in the 100's. We spoke a bit and I thanked him endlessly for doing this. It was a beyond his call of duty IMO. So this is why I am friendly with my local FedEx people.

Actually, the DHL guys are pretty awesome too. Then I would say UPS and lastly USPS.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

/rant on
…and now for more FedEx shenanigans. Was sitting in my living room, main door open, full storm door closed, unbreakable clear glass from top to bottom. I'm sitting about five or six steps from door across living room. Dogs start going nuts barking at door, to the left where I can't see. I immediately got up (been waiting on Devil Ray all day) and went to door and outside. Driver was already pulling away (probably less than 15 seconds) but when he saw me come out, he stopped and backed up.

Brought my package to me in front yard. I said "You weren't going to stop?" He says, while looking at ground, 'I thought I had a misdelivery down the street." I then shared my episode from last week with him and he says "Was it ground or home?" I said "No, it was 2 day just like this one, but an envelope with a few watch bands in it.". He just shrugs, says have a good one and walks back to his truck and leaves.

I didn't check the time when he handed me the package, but sure enough got a delivery message saying signed for by (a name not mine). Then when I clicked on "Obtain proof of delivery", then the signature required question mark, it read "Adult recipient unavailable (age and required identification vary by country/territory)". Right after he put the package in my hand.

If adult signature required, how can a driver just sign for it? Doesn't that completely defeat paying for "adult signature required"?

At least I got my Devil Ray (though somewhat soured by the delivery experience)...and really only because I was paying attention.

/rant off
Sounds like he would have been wearing your watch tonight instead of you had you not been on top of it.

I have a direct opposite story re: FedEx. I normally are right with you with the delivery people, but apparently I learned that FedEx ground/home/and overnight express are all separate lines. I test out various products for a big name store time to time and this time around, was a big ticket item that came in multiple packages. I thought to myself, sure, I'll just go ahead and have the packages directed to my local Walgreens to pick up so that these won't be laying on my front porch. But NOPE, it can't be done, the sender wants a signature or no package delivery. I was supposed to receive it on a Friday and my wife was to be home while I was away on an office retreat 3 somewhat hours away. I get a notice that the packages will not be delivered on a Friday but next business day due. No reason given. I call Fedex, not one FOX given as well.

Now why is this the opposite of Lab's? Well, fast forward to Monday. I post a letter on my front door to FedEx to read. So when doing so, my Nest Doorbell will notify me of the person delivering and I can plead my case with them. The plan happened as expected. The delivery person did stop and read it, and while he was doing that, I started talking through my phone to him on the doorbell. I asked if he could sign on my behalf and leave it at the door based on my direction. He had to get clearance, which I totally understood because they could get in trouble if they aren't allowed to do that. He got back to me and said no, that they do need a signature. I was getting super frustrated but not at the guy, but at the situation and said if there was any way I can get these delivered today and I told him that I can actually be home within 15 minutes to sign for it if he could wait. He actually responded, and told me that he can do the rest of his local deliveries in the neighborhood and circle back in 15 minutes to meet me to get the signature. I was estatic!

I then hurried home and while pulling into my driveway, I see the FedEx dude sitting at the back of truck lounging. I felt guilty at first and asked if he was waiting there since I spoke with him. He said no, he finished up his local deliveries and just came back. Also he was ahead of schedule. He also said that based on the package info, if I hadn't signed for it, that these would have gone back to the sender. Then I would have been more than irate. But that didn't happened and offered him water or gaterade or something cold to drink for him being out there. At the time TX weather was in the 100's. We spoke a bit and I thanked him endlessly for doing this. It was a beyond his call of duty IMO. So this is why I am friendly with my local FedEx people.

Actually, the DHL guys are pretty awesome too. Then I would say UPS and lastly USPS.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That's how my long time regular UPS driver is. Honks and waves even when we don't have a delivery (our big door almost always open with dogs looking out). We seem to turn over FedEx drivers weekly…

Discussion starter · #9,745 ·
/rant on

I didn't check the time when he handed me the package, but sure enough got a delivery message saying signed for by (a name not mine). Then when I clicked on "Obtain proof of delivery", then the signature required question mark, it read "Adult recipient unavailable (age and required identification vary by country/territory)". Right after he put the package in my hand.

/rant off
This is also why I like selling through retailers.

Credit card fraud? Their problem, not mine.

PayPal fraud? Ditto the above.

Lost shipment? Yep, you guessed it - I don't need to know about it.

I feel ya on FedEx though. Not really thrilled with them today. This shipment of inventory going from PA to NJ (literally an hour away, just across the river), somehow got to take a detour through VA...

Product Azure Rectangle Font Material property

Discussion starter · #9,747 ·
Well, not two crowns, but I think you'll like it. Almost thought they superglued the pins until I finally got them out to move to the HD NATO. …oh, and I forgot the lume shot when I came in-next time!

View attachment 16121084

View attachment 16121085

View attachment 16121086

View attachment 16121088

View attachment 16121092
On a brighter note - you got your watch.

Hope you like it. Let us know if it pulls any shenanigans.

Since you have it and the 2K1, I'd be curious to hear how you think they compare, after you've had time to get used to the DR.

My personal take - I think they both wear smaller than their dimensions. But the 2K1's feel bigger to me, even though the 2K1 case is only 0.75mm wider (diameter), and actually 1.5mm thinner.

Discussion starter · #9,748 ·
Wow. It's only Tuesday, and it's already been a helluva week...

Quarterly tax payments due tomorrow. Just cut some painful checks to the Feds and State.

My car was in the shop for inspection, oil change, and new brakes yesterday. Still haven't gotten my son's car back yet, but they're now pinky-swearing that they'll have a loaner car for him by Thursday.

Wife absolutely lost her $hlt this morning, when she realized her MacBook didn't have an HDMI port, so she needed to borrow MY work laptop (the one I work on all day) for her big business shin-dig today.

Yeah, not like I'd need to use it at all (read: all day) today...

Her work friend came over earlier, while I was still asleep in bed, to grab something my wife left here, making the dog go absolutely ape-$hlt.

Had to run to the computer store to buy my wife a USB-HDMI adapter, then to the post office to drop off another package and check my PO box for a payment I've been waiting on from another retailer, then to the restaurant where my wife was doing her big meeting, to give her the adapter and grab my laptop so I could do some work.

My insurance - home, auto, and biz - are all up for renewal this week, so my agent has been re-doing all of that since Friday. I must have digitally signed 18 different things, between the insurance forms he needed and the tax forms the accountants needed.

Watchmaker Dan left for a week's vacation Sunday, so I'm without his help. Had to run over there on Friday to make sure I had everything I'd need this week.

Waiting on Keil to send me back some oyster bracelets*, and STILL waiting on that nitwit from FedEx to clear the package with the dials in it. The package is now in Indianapolis, apparently.

*I sent Keil a label for the bracelets. In order to update my accountants, so they can finalize my taxes, I had to update my inventory for them, which reminded me - where are the bracelets? Keil responded to tell me they came back to him from the USPS. Apparently the label was covered in grease.

What? How? Dude, did you drag it under your car? How does that happen? No idea. But he had to re-print the label and re-ship the bracelets to me.

Retailer in Hong Kong finally got me the UPS shipping labels we've been waiting on since about a week before Dan left for vacay, so we can ship him his DevilRays. Because of the value of the shipment, I can't just drop it off at the local UPS store. A driver has to come by to get it, so I've had the whole family on high-alert all day, waiting on him to stop by. This is really Dan's job, but he's gone, so I'm dealing with it.

Meanwhile, I've barely had time to look at the 300+ emails in my inbox.

The last five days for me have been like an extended-cut version of the "last day of freedom" for Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) in "GoodFellas".

Wow. It's only Tuesday, and it's already been a helluva week...

Quarterly tax payments due tomorrow. Just cut some painful checks to the Feds and State.

My car was in the shop for inspection, oil change, and new brakes yesterday. Still haven't gotten my son's car back yet, but they're now pinky-swearing that they'll have a loaner car for him by Thursday.

Wife absolutely lost her $hlt this morning, when she realized her MacBook didn't have an HDMI port, so she needed to borrow MY work laptop (the one I work on all day) for her big business shin-dig today.

Yeah, not like I'd need to use it at all (read: all day) today...

Her work friend came over earlier, while I was still asleep in bed, to grab something my wife left here, making the dog go absolutely ape-$hlt.

Had to run to the computer store to buy my wife a USB-HDMI adapter, then to the post office to drop off another package and check my PO box for a payment I've been waiting on from another retailer, then to the restaurant where my wife was doing her big meeting, to give her the adapter and grab my laptop so I could do some work.

My insurance - home, auto, and biz - are all up for renewal this week, so my agent has been re-doing all of that since Friday. I must have digitally signed 18 different things, between the insurance forms he needed and the tax forms the accountants needed.

Watchmaker Dan left for a week's vacation Sunday, so I'm without his help. Had to run over there on Friday to make sure I had everything I'd need this week.

Waiting on Keil to send me back some oyster bracelets*, and STILL waiting on that nitwit from FedEx to clear the package with the dials in it. The package is now in Indianapolis, apparently.

*I sent Keil a label for the bracelets. In order to update my accountants, so they can finalize my taxes, I had to update my inventory for them, which reminded me - where are the bracelets? Keil responded to tell me they came back to him from the USPS. Apparently the label was covered in grease.

What? How? Dude, did you drag it under your car? How does that happen? No idea. But he had to re-print the label and re-ship the bracelets to me.

Retailer in Hong Kong finally got me the UPS shipping labels we've been waiting on since about a week before Dan left for vacay, so we can ship him his DevilRays. Because of the value of the shipment, I can't just drop it off at the local UPS store. A driver has to come by to get it, so I've had the whole family on high-alert all day, waiting on him to stop by. This is really Dan's job, but he's gone, so I'm dealing with it.

Meanwhile, I've barely had time to look at the 300+ emails in my inbox.

The last five days for me have been like an extended-cut version of the "last day of freedom" for Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) in "GoodFellas".

Entrepreneurial glamor to the fullest

Discussion starter · #9,750 ·
Entrepreneurial glamor to the fullest
It ain't all fancy parties with fine wine and smelly cheeses.

Just sayin'...

Tapatalk is not responsible for the content of this message...

It ain't all fancy parties with fine wine and smelly cheeses.

Just sayin'...

Tapatalk is not responsible for the content of this message...
Wait, what?

I've watched Shark Tank. Entrepreneurs all have private jets filled with expensive cans of fish eggs, stinky cheeses, and cases of the finest rotten grape juice.

Reactions: docvail
Wore this all day and looking forward to a Meteora showing up this week.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

Still looking for that second Santa Fe that I can gift to my fellow US Navy Submariner brother.

Is there a compendium of Devil Rays that I can peruse? Yes, I am achieving a pinnacle of laziness in asking.

• Haha
Reactions: Mediocre
I just checked the NTH website. True to form, all the info one needs is there.

Mmm, turquoise.

Reactions: Mediocre and Lab4Us
Discussion starter · #9,759 ·
9,741 - 9,760 of 15,034 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.