WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...to 1024 on my fingers!

Since I did computer science back when they were huge things with flashing lights indicating ones and zeroes flowing through registers the idea of using 10 digits to represent 2 to the power of 10 is not strange.

Curious?

Place your fingers on a table edge. Your right pinky is a 1, the ring finger a 2, the middle finger a 4, the index finger an 8, right thumb 16, left thumb 32, theft index 64, left middle 128, left ring 256, left pinky 512. You can use an extended finger for the ones and a retracted finger for the zeroes.

So you will now understand why I had to get this:-

It was only $60 AUD shipped to my door.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
...to 1024 on my fingers!

Since I did computer science back when they were huge things with flashing lights indicating ones and zeroes flowing through registers the idea of using 10 digits to represent 2 to the power of 10 is not strange.

Curious?

Place your fingers on a table edge. Your right pinky is a 1, the ring finger a 2, the middle finger a 4, the index finger an 8, right thumb 16, left thumb 32, theft index 64, left middle 128, left ring 256, left pinky 512. You can use an extended finger for the ones and a retracted finger for the zeroes.

So you will now understand why I had to get this:-

It was only $60 AUD shipped to my door.
Time in the picture is 4:53. is that AM or PM? ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts