WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PAW-1100...Costco had this guy for $129.00, couldn't resist. Surprisingly comfy considering how big it is. Great watch, love it! Seems to be getting along well with the rest of the collection, and seeing a lot of wrist time.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Great choice. Q 6 has posted about these being just about as tough as G Shocks :-!

I love mine :-! however I have the 80 same except no atomic sync. I really wanted the Ti one with black buttons, however the orange and blue don't seam to bother me.

I love the large screen and digits |>|>

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the display is great. I was real happy it was the atomic. My atomic gulfman has gotten me used to that feature and I really prefer it now. Interesting commentary on how tough they are.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Certainly from my experiences with the PRG-80 they are extremely durable, I have 3 with the oldest dating back from 2005 when they were released, never had a problem, and mine have been used in some of the most extreme locations you can imagine, they are just about to get a another quick test in the tropics for the next 3 years :-d

My original PRG-80L-2V is still spot on and cleaned up a treat, this watch has literally been round the world several times, and I hope to be reunited with it next month when we get the house sorted. I still travel with an 80 only it's my modified PRG-80YT now on a Hirsch diver strap, come to think of it this one may well be the air miles champion, but the PRG-80L-2V is the champion of abuse from +60C to -30C to near zero humidity in the Taklamakan desert to 100% humidity in the jungle and much more.

Protrek`s do have their negative aspects, durability and survivability are definitely not one of them I rate them above any other ABC just from my own experience. Technically they frustrate me as the Casio`s do lack some key features for an ABC in 2010, in the field I always carry one even as the backup as they have never let me down and I trust them not to :-!

Q-6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome to hear how durable they are. I have been curious considering I have always worn the g-shocks only. Sounds like you have done some extensive field testing...What is your experience with how waterproof/submersible they are?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts