WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
.. :p :-!
I wont be surprised if this beauty comes with very high price..
Still cannot afford a Strela..(Although sometimes I think about it..let say every month I spend $80-$100 for watches, IF I can save not buying anything for 4 months, a descent Strela should be on the way..)

·
4,405 Posts
The watch has been incorrectly over polished...

and has incorrect sub dial hands. The crown looks off to me as well.

It looks like it's been dolled up to increase interest. It's not a total dog, but it is not original either.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Re: This looks too good to be true.

The pushers as well as the case edges are abnormally polished, clearly not original polish.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I´m just browsing at the moment since I promised my wife to abstain until summer, but hey, there got to be some left then, even if I sometimes get panicky:)

Its out for 299 usd starting price and no bids so far. I´ve set my limit to 400 in the future. THis will end my then 5 piece collection with the top piece in my view.

I´ll be backB-)

Regards'
Erik

·
Registered
391 Posts
Subdial hands wrong - case has been polished (looks nice but the strela was meant to be functional not pretty)

I would dare say that that is also a redial - a very good one mind you - but still not original and the fonts are not quite as original.

Crown looks iffy too

·
Registered
232 Posts
To add to the other's opinions:
- the movement does not match the dial; dial has cyrilic script, the chrono bridge is stamped in english; the serial# on the balance cock shows a later production year than the dial
- the dial is original and in excellent condition
- the case should have a satin finish on the sides, same as the caseback bottom
- crown not original
- seconds register and chrono minutes register's hands not original

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Never seen that "tail" on the hands... :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts