WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently taken an interest in wristwatches after encouragement from some of my peers at work. I was attracted to the Khaki automatic line because of its military heritage and reasonable pricing to suit my modest government salary. When Shademantis offered this one up here at WUS in pursuit of another Hamilton, the price was right and he was kind enough to ship it APO to me. I sent him the photo below to confirm delivery and say thanks, and he suggested I post it here.

I ordered the deBeers strap you see on it as a closeout item for cheap and replaced the stock bracelet after the watch arrived. I like the look well enough, but I think I'll be getting something more substantial in the future to better fit the space between the band and the casing.

I had intended this to be my courts-martial watch, but I'm having so much fun with it that I find myself wearing it a lot more often than just in trial. I could really get into this wristwatch thing...

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Fantastic piece! My Hamilton Khaki auto in 42mm was one of my very first proper watches, im wearing it still (right now actually)!

Its a fantastic watch, and youll love it for years.

yeah go get a thicker strap. mine is a 26mm wide, cut to fit the 22mm lugs. :-d

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Glad you are digging it, and I am more than a little pleased that the Hammy found such a warm welcome in his new home across the sea.:-!

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Excellent choice! And I definitely know about that unique combination of quality and affordability that appeals to people on but a humble government salary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts