WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for simple advice. I fancy a black face/bezel 'do it all' watch. I'm a desk diver.
Given price is the same, which would you go for and why...
A sub with date or 2006 GMT Master II?

Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had the same decision a few years ago since those were my favorite Rolex watches. I bought the Sub/date first and my wife ended up buying me the red/black GMT for my birthday the next year. I decided on the Sub simply because it was the 'classic' Rolex and I just like the larger Triplock crown and slightly beefier case. I'm not a diver so the depth rating is not an issue. Even today I still slightly perfer the Sub/date for this same reason. Which ever one you end up with you will still want the other one!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went to buy a Sub/Date and left with a Red/Black (Coke) GMT Master II because I got it for $4600 out the door... Since I don't go greater than 12 feet under water, the GMT Master II meets all my requirements... I like the 24 hr dial too....At a later date, I may order a black bezel for the SUB look.... Mine is staying within 1/2 second per 24 hrs....

·
Registered
449 Posts
I bought a SS Sub-Date. In hindsight, I would have like to have gotten the GMT for the 24-hour hand and 2 time zone ability. Still love my SS Sub.

·
Registered
38 Posts
;-)I would definately take the GMT IIc (ceramic bezel..new version) over the Sub. I own both, and the new GMT is simply amazing, and the future of all of the Rolex sport models. I will probably pick up another sub, once it gets the "GMT" treatments. Best of luck;-)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I've owned both.....
The GMT was nice, but I always worried a bit about the twinloc crown as I swim regularly, so I bought a Submariner. I didn't really need the 24hr hand or bezel either. Unless you travel regularly through multi time zones (like pilots). The GMT is very nice, don't get me wrong. If I was to buy another GMT, I would get the all black bezel as I personally found the RED/BLACK a bit flash. The new model is very very nice, but at nearly 10k it's a heap of money to shell out for a watch IMHO.

I picked up the 14060M Submariner no date:

I really missed the date function, so now I have this, which I like most of all:

·
Registered
38 Posts
$10K Stevie?? I feel for you guys in AU. The GMT IIc is $5950 in the USA. You should have a trusted person smuggle them into AU for you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts