WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a reputable on-line store has a brand new timewalker UTC listed for $1,069, but I also have $470 is discounts/credits/gift cards, so the final price is about $740 after taxes/shipping.

I've been looking to replace my Longines Conquest GMT for a while, and while these are two very different watches, the price seems right. Even the $1,069 seems fair, but after the discounts I'm not sure I could pass it up...

I've always liked MB watches, but found them a bit overpriced (says the guy who owns a Bell & Ross), but this one seems like a bit of a steal.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Which model of UTC is it? Is it the original design TimeWalker, or the updated TimeWalker "racing" iteration?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that’d help! It’s not the racing version. Model number is 115080.

I think it’s technically a TimeWalker Voyager UTC

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’d say that’s a pretty solid price for a Timewalker. If you like it, go for it. If in 6 months you find you’re not wearing it much I’d venture to guess you won’t lose much money on it.

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, just received it today. I think I like it, it's quite a departure for me, as I have mostly semi formal watches, and this one is a bit sporty.

It has some great details, like the lugs, the red ring around the crystal, and the AR coating is actually pretty good. It's also very light.

After everything, it looks like my final price was $700 out the door, so I think for $700 I don't have much to complain about.

View attachment DSC00228.jpg

DSC00226.JPG

DSC00229.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Sergei T.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mmmm. seems a good price for a model often preferred over the new version, not seen one with that face before, carbon strap looks good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! I’ve been wearing this for days now and am slowly falling in love with it.

Regarding the strap, which I also love, the inside of it says “Montblanc” and “FWH”. Nothing else. Does anyone know anything about the origin of this strap?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks all! I’ve been wearing this for days now and am slowly falling in love with it.

Regarding the strap, which I also love, the inside of it says “Montblanc” and “FWH”. Nothing else. Does anyone know anything about the origin of this strap?
If I recall from my straps that I've bought from MB, their extreme leather straps come from Portugal, ie. from a vendor, as their manufacturers for in-house leather comes from Italy.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

If I recall from my straps that I've bought from MB, their extreme leather straps come from Portugal, ie. from a vendor, as their manufacturers for in-house leather comes from Italy.
That makes sense. I’m generally not a standard buckle strap guy, but this one is pretty nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts