WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re-dial, but quality is improving !

ill-phill said:
Any opinions?
Except of course for the wrong hands, it’s clearly a re-dial. But I must say it is of high quality. You can see that there is still some paint at the side of hour markers. Also the wrong fonts are used, and they forgot the Cyrillic “First class” under the strela/17 jewel logo. Only the very first version of the cyrillic Strela version (without the embossed golden hour markers) had no "First Class" mentioned on the dial.

Regards,

Tammo

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re-dial, but quality is improving !

_Tammo_ said:
Except of course for the wrong hands, it’s clearly a re-dial. But I must say it is of high quality. You can see that there is still some paint at the side of hour markers. Also the wrong fonts are used, and they forgot the Cyrillic “First class” under the strela/17 jewel logo. Only the very first version of the cyrillic Strela version (without the embossed golden hour markers) had no "First Class" mentioned on the dial.

Regards,

Tammo
Thanks for this Tammo
I wonder how this can be profitable, you need a lot of time and the right
tools to produce such a good looking dial.
Phil

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: Re-dial, but quality is improving !

ill-phill said:
Thanks for this Tammo
I wonder how this can be profitable, you need a lot of time and the right
tools to produce such a good looking dial.
Phil
Don’t forget the impact and influence of this forum !
Any crazy dial is ridiculed here. In addition these watches are increasing in price and will go higher even more in the future.

A good quality redial can be ordered here in expensive Western- Europe already for 90-100 Euro’s.
That same dial is most probably a third or a quarter of the cost in Eastern Europe,
So, it becomes worthwhile to invest in the watch.

regards,

Tammo

·
Registered
391 Posts
One of the best redials I have seen - shame its so inacurrate, but I suppose we wouldnt spot the perfect redial would we ?

The case edges are very rounded and smooth they should be angled and sharp.

·
4,402 Posts
The first 1/2 way decent redial!

Still a long way off from original, but it ain't 1/2 bad, and it beats the tar out of the FSWF dials we have been swimming in.

But now that the redials are better, so do we have to become better at spotting them ourselves.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Unfortunately, better redials means that the prices are rising and rising... :-(

·
Registered
538 Posts
Undoubtedly It's re-dialed.
Inscriptions have blunders.
They wrote КАМНЕN instead КАМНЕЙ and CОЕЛАНО instead СДЕЛАНО.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Andy_I said:
Undoubtedly It's re-dialed.
Inscriptions have blunders.
They wrote КАМНЕN instead КАМНЕЙ and CОЕЛАНО instead СДЕЛАНО.
Maybe it was made in Poland. But i have seen other Polish redials on cheaper watches, and the spelling was correct. Considering that the Russian was the "second language" in Poland until 15 years ago, probably it was made in some Western country.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Andy
I was looking at my Okeah re-issue. My dial has the word " 23 KAMHR" (the last alphabet R is a mirror image, I don't know how to type it out).

Is there 2 words in Cyrillic for Jewel/s?

kong

·
Registered
538 Posts
raffles1 said:
Hi Andy
I was looking at my Okeah re-issue. My dial has the word " 23 KAMHR" (the last alphabet R is a mirror image, I don't know how to type it out).

Is there 2 words in Cyrillic for Jewel/s?

kong
Not two but three.
1, 21, 31 etc - КАМЕНЬ
2-4, 22-24,32-34 etc - КАМНЯ
5-20, 25-30, 35-40 etc - КАМНЕЙ

So your dial is good!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Andy_I said:
Not two but three.
1, 21, 31 etc - КАМЕНЬ
2-4, 22-24,32-34 etc - КАМНЯ
5-20, 25-30, 35-40 etc - КАМНЕЙ

So your dial is good!

Hi Andy
Thanks for the specifics. Should place it under the ARTICLE section for future reference by everyone.
I always learn something from all of you!:-!
Kong

1 - 13 of 13 Posts