1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
It just illustrates FORM OVER FUNCTION.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
It wouldn't be that awful if they didn't cram the hands and subdials into the upper 1/3 of the dial so they could have their silly open heart display.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
It wouldn't be that awful if they didn't cram the hands and subdials into the upper 1/3 of the dial so they could have their silly open heart display.
They barely had room for the logo<| and I like Trias too...just not this one.
I would need a microscope to see all the small numbers etc. :-D
Dave

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
Ah, BreitBling inspiried! What is wrong with it - let me count the ways. It is trying to be too many things. The hands are undetectable. The mini hour hand is TOO BIG. The Tachy indicies are broken and therefore useless. The pivot on the MoonPhase indicator is obtrusive. And there is a hole in the lower center of the watch! :roll:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I mean it makes me dizzy to study it, seems like a mistake to me...your thoughts.....

It does seem to have everything I hate in a watch......except it's a Trias instead of an Invicta!

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
It does seem to have everything I hate in a watch......except it's a Trias instead of an Invicta!
Ken,

Maybe Eyal was in Germany touring factories when this was designed?;-)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Ken,

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Perhaps looking to pick up an imaginary German watch manufacturing facility to gp along with his imaginary Swiss watch manufacturing facility......why didn't I think of that? :think:

·
Premium Member
10,619 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Perhaps looking to pick up an imaginary German watch manufacturing facility to gp along with his imaginary Swiss watch manufacturing facility......why didn't I think of that? :think:
Nope, just getting that mythical tour that only the "insiders" can get. The Sinn Forum guys (Crusader mostly) set up a factory tour for WIS recently. There are plenty of others that occur. You don't have to sell millions of watches (or whatever) to see the inside of a watch factory. But if Eyal did visit the Trias assembly line they maybe he did have some input on the Trias?:roll:

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Ken,

Hey Robert, I don't think Germans had anything to do with THAT design!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I mean it makes me dizzy to study it, seems like a mistake to me...your thoughts.....

The "other" big problem with this watch...notice it doesn't have chrono pushers because it's fitted with a basic Chinese automatic! The subdials are not chrono (stopwatch) dials, and there is no central second hand with which to utilize the sliderule functions. And if that wasn't enough, the "central hands" are not centrally located - - they are offset to allow more "open heart" room, so even if it was a chronograph, and even if it did have a central second hand, the movement of the offset second hand would not uniformly pass over the sliderule markers. I'll bet the bezel doesn't even rotate! Other than those issues, it's a masterful watch!

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
The "other" big problem with this watch...notice it doesn't have chrono pushers because it's fitted with a basic Chinese automatic! The subdials are not chrono (stopwatch) dials, and there is no central second hand with which to utilize the sliderule functions. And if that wasn't enough, the "central hands" are not centrally located - - they are offset to allow more "open heart" room, so even if it was a chronograph, and even if it did have a central second hand, the movement of the offset second hand would not uniformly pass over the sliderule markers. I'll bet the bezel doesn't even rotate! Other than those issues, it's a masterful watch!
I swear Tom, picky, picky, picky.....:-D

·
Registered
242 Posts
I dislike the look of this watch too but, quite honestly, the slide rule part is more usable looking than others I've seen. Assuming the bezel does turn :-D the numbers are large enough, and high contrast enough, to actually be useful. I could be mistaken, but I don't think rotary slide rules use the hands.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly....!!!!! :rodekaart :rodekaart

1 - 20 of 28 Posts