WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm finally in a position to purchase the new omega seamaster 300. I'm purchasing this as a milestone where my health is concerned. This will be my one and only watch for the foreseeable future because of my financial situation.

My question is what colour combo would you buy it this was your daily & only watch? I love all the different colours, however I'm swaying very much towards the black.

Could fellow members kindly sure their thoughts based on this being the one and only??

This is a huge investment for me so I truly appreciate your help in advance...

Thanks T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,334 Posts
Firstly congratulations on the health milestone. Of the 3 dial colours I would say black for a one and only as it's the most versatile. However of the 3 dial colours I like the blue the best. Whichever you choose, be sure to buy it on the bracelet and pick up the OEM rubber strap too. Two watches in one. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think I like blue best as well, but unless the fashion rules for watches are entirely different than those for clothing, generally, then grey would really be the most versatile? The blue isn't navy, though, so I don't think it's dramatically less versatile.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good advice from Solesman and not just because I own the black one ;-)

I have owned watches with different color faces and black is easily the most versatile. Black can be dressed up more than blue. Also, +1 for buying the watch on bracelet and then buy rubber strap separately

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy's for the quick replies. I had initially liked the blue, however as I will potentially wear the rubber strap 90% of the time I thought it may begin to look very blue ( excuse the pun) would you guy's mind sharing some images of the blue vs black.? Unfortunately it's not possible for me to try the watches on before purchase! I'm sure you will agree photos don't do the true colours justice.

I'm yet to even see a photo of the watches in natural light!

T

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Out of interest is it easy to size the bracelet yourself? Or is it a job for the jewellers?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Out of interest is it easy to size the bracelet yourself? Or is it a job for the jewellers?
You can do it yourself, just be prepared to deal with very small screws.

Remove the screw from each end and push the bar out to remove links.

To reattach link, replace one screw, insert bar and then replace 2nd screw.

Best to work over a tray to avoid a screw falling to the floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Black will serve you best as the most versatile watch.
Make sure you will buy it on a steel bracelet. If you want Omega rubber - make it an extra purchase.
It is much easier to sell the watch on a bracelet, you may appreaciate it one day.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I take that back, I had an older version SMPc in blue and i liked it better than the new one in black.

You have to buy a red Ferrari and blue SMP. The classic colors for the classic instruments.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have 3 black Omegas (Speedy Pro, PO 2500D, and Seamaster GMT) plus 2 blue Omegas (Seamaster Pro 2531.80 with wave dial, and Seamaster Coaxial Chrono with ceramic bezel). While I love my blue Seamasters, I would echo Solesman and suggest the black version on bracelet first, as your one-and-only most versatile. If someday your situation allows a second, definitely the blue.

Also, the Wiha 1,8mm screwdriver pictured is the right tool for adjusting bracelet links.

Congratulations on reaching your health milestone. Enjoy whatever watch you choose.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry to hear of your situation, iberfoptic. My advice? Get what pleases you, and let everyone else go hang. Which one makes you smile whenever you look at it? Get that one!

If you're genuinely unsure which you like best and are looking for reasons to go with one over the other, the black will be the more versatile, but not by a lot, and you should ask yourself how much versatility you're really going to need.

Take heart. You can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Oh, and as for sizing the bracelet, you can usually do it yourself. Just don't be in a hurry.

OTOH, I could not get some of the screws to come out of the bracelet on my SMPc for love or money. Little buggers simply will not budge. But that's the only one I've had that problem with.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts