WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do you set the date each time you wear another watch ?

• Yes

• No

• Sometimes

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
So, as the title says, if you have many watches in rotation, do you still bother to set the date everytime you wear another watch ?
I don't know how much is "many watches" for each of you, but i have 23 now, and to me that is "many watches".
Some time ago I had fewer and they were all modern watches with quick set, and i used to set the date every time i changed the watch. But then I went vintage, and many of them didn't have quick set, so the need to set the date every time slowly faded away, up to the point I am no longer doing it...with only one exception, seen in the second picture.
So, how about you ?
Cheers !

·
Premium Member
10,003 Posts
Of course.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have new and vintage watches and I keep them all wound all the time and keep the time and the date set as well. Whenever one gets more than a minute off of actual time, I re-set it. I admit it's somewhat illogical, but I view them almost like little pets and if they stop running it's like they've died and that makes me sad. I enjoy the daily interaction and the "care and feeding" every morning.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have mostly Vintage now as well, I still set the dates but cringe at the thought of what it may cost to obtain a stem/crown etc. for a 50 year old watch.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have new and vintage watches and I keep them all wound all the time and keep the time and the date set as well. Whenever one gets more than a minute off of actual time, I re-set it. I admit it's somewhat illogical, but I view them almost like little pets and if they stop running it's like they've died and that makes me sad. I enjoy the daily interaction and the "care and feeding" every morning.
LOL... I completely get it! When I see the stopped ones I get sad too. Even tough I do not like date on my dial, so that’s not an issue.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's weird and funny, but i get it, though.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I wear 2 watches for a few days so I don’t have to set too often. I prefer no date watches and hand wind for ease of daily wear, but for work purposes I need a few date watches.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts