WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm number 700 and something on the wait list, which realistically would mean at least a 12 month wait. I'm seriously considering getting a No Logo to fill the gap while I wait. Is anyone else considering this?

I purchased a GMTIIC in Jan, which I'm very happy with. But now that the UK summer seems to be on the way (no laughing at the back there), I find that I don't really like to walk around in short sleeves with a "known" brand on display. Part of the reason I love the Stowa's because they're lovely watches but not recognisable to all but the discerning few.

Has anyone got any shots of the AO and No Logo side by side? I've done a search but couldn't find any pics that fit the bill.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm number 577 on the list, and like yourself I don't expect to see this watch within the next 12 months. Rather than a No Logo auto, I'm considering whether to get a MO in the meantime. I don't want to have to subsequently sell the No Logo auto when my AO arrives and I think the MO is a beautiful watch.

Alternatively, I'm also considering getting a vintage Rolex GMT which would also be a keeper.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So I'm number 700 and something on the wait list, which realistically would mean at least a 12 month wait. I'm seriously considering getting a No Logo to fill the gap while I wait. Is anyone else considering this?

I purchased a GMTIIC in Jan, which I'm very happy with. But now that the UK summer seems to be on the way (no laughing at the back there), I find that I don't really like to walk around in short sleeves with a "known" brand on display. Part of the reason I love the Stowa's because they're lovely watches but not recognisable to all but the discerning few.

Has anyone got any shots of the AO and No Logo side by side? I've done a search but couldn't find any pics that fit the bill.
Too lazy to search but there is at least one thread that has the AO LE alongside the AA no date (and it seems the difference between a AO LE and serial is fairly minimal)

I've been contemplating getting an AA/no date, but having handled an automatic with a display caseback (an IWC in this case), I actually think that the reality of the rotor spoils the display for me. That and I am jonesing for a manual wind movement.

That said, I may yet crack. My AO queue number is in the 1100's

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Hello to all who are waiting for the Flieger Original watch,

we are still having no more news about the situation of the movements from our supplier who passed away.

There is still a situation we cant say when and how we can get enough movements.

Of course we are trying to find a other source but this is very complicated because for a movement like this there are many suppliers doing a part of the work on the movement.

To get all involved companies is nearly impossible at the moment.

As soon as we have good news we come back.

Of course, if i can´t find a solution with the "existing" supplier in the next 2 weeks i have to do a decision for the future.

This decision i will announce here and to every customer who have reserved a watch (we do it by mail and newsletter)

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Volker for the pic.

Not suprisingly, the looks are close. But the AO has the edge to me. Are the lugs really longer and slimmer as they look in the photo?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Here are a couple of snapshots (out of focus, sorry) of the case size difference between the Fleiger Original (#16 still MIA) and the Airman Auto.

The lug measurements are 22mm on the Original and 20mm on the Airman. The Original is considerably thicker.

Glen

·
Registered
90 Posts
Haha, this is how I ended up with my Airman auto, I knew the wait would be long for AO, so decided to pass the time with an auto.

I must say, I may cancel my AO order. The auto is enough watch for me, and the difference in price (between the auto and AO) is only a couple hundred away from getting me that 390 Antea I've had my eye on.

The AO is such a nice piece though... decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
That's right, Tobey!

The Airman is a very fine watch, wonderful casework, great wrist presence, easy to read from any angle, day or night.

Glen

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Order No. 1166 patiently awaits here with no plans on getting an AA.

(Although I do have an Antea KS on order which should be ready very soon)

·
Registered
69 Posts
399 here.. 1 year 1 month so far.. and no watch still in sight.. hopefully can get it this year!

·
Registered
77 Posts
have just read the thread from jorg, and it seems there is the possibility that outstanding AO,s may not built anyway if the unitas movements can
not be found. i dont know how different the MO unitas is, but couldnt that
be fitted somehow? it seems there could be a lot of disapointed people myself included.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I couldn't find it. Could you provide the link? Thanks
It is just above, the last post from Jorg.

I would be very very very disappointed if it won't be built.
I even just sold my other watch with Unitas movement because my AO would be coming any time within the next twelve months and i didn't want two watches with the same movement.
Even if it takes two years, just built my AO..... I even already bought 22mm straps!!!

Please.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Ok. Doesn't look very good.:-(
But if it happens the AO should not just discontinued. I am sure it will find new life with other movement, hopefully new in-house movement

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, situations no looking too good right now, but I understand given the circumstances.

There must be close to a thousand people on the waiting list, which is good business in anyone's book, so hopefully a way forward can be found.

I'll hold on the No Logo until we hear from Jörg.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Durowe, owned by Jorg, has developed the Durowe 7440 movement based on the Unitas 6498. It sounds like Stowa is moving in the direction of an in house movement.
I took delivery of a new Airman Auto yesterday. I cannot imagine that the AO is any better as this is the perfect watch.
Thanks Jorg. You delivered a great watch right on time.:-!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Imagine - a business where one of your offerrings has 1000 people @ USD$1200 per sale. $1.2M - even if 80% back out, that's good cash. Two more things: 1) those waiting may buy an alternative Stowa product in the interim and 2) I have other products that generate legit profit in their own right.

Jorge, do you need investors? ;-)

Seth

1 - 20 of 31 Posts