WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I prefer patina but I understand if someone wanted to build thier own as well, I don't like the faked forced patina, just a gradual natural one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
I prefer new with no patina. I would not want a used watch that has been fake patinaed or de-patinaed. I would rather not have a watch that was in any type of chemicals and I would not want a watch that had been re-polished.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Big fan of patina here.

But watching it develop is all the fun to me.

If I was purchasing used id prefer it to have natural patina.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Buying brand new and having natural patina feels like both me and my watch are aging together..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
I don't necessarily care if it's patinated or not already, as resetting it is matter of a few drops of lemon juice or toothpaste. If you find a bargain, buying used & patinated shouldn't stop you, quite the contrary actually :)

·
Premium Member
76,549 Posts
I've yet to get a bronzer but as with my brass Armida I would sooner develop my own patina than have someone else's.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
No patina
Owned 2 Bronze
Only this one left
It's developing a patina nicely
Regards
Robert

"For WATCHES there's always time"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Own 4 bronzes (Lum Tec B19, Zelos Helmsman, Makara Octopus & the dreaded Olivier) and I prefer some patina, but not so far as when it goes green. I keep 'em in an airtight Invicta case (probably the best thing Invicta "makes") and also have rubbed 'em down as well as I could with Renaissance wax. I'm pretty happy with the result. I'll try to remember tomorrow to post some pics in case anyone's interested.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion on whether you should force a patina or not but the bottom line is you do what YOU want and to hell with the rest. One thing everyone should know if they own a bronze watch is that regardless if it's forced right from the point you remove it from the solution or from it's container if you are fuming it the bronze will continue to react and change to the climatic and conditions you subject it to.

I've done everything under the sun be that forced and let it go natural and the fact is that within 6 months both methods will yield almost identical results.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I prefer buying without patina and letting the natural thing get progressively there.

I feel that, as for many other things, the journey might be at least as interesting as the destination.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts