WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After wearing it for a couple of hours, and realizing how misleading the above picture of the watch is (the pic' was taken when brand new, and its been "lightly" used since then), I took it off and examined the back. Seeing as I have a set of watchmakers screwdrivers and half a brain, I thought why not give it a go and clean it myself...

Firstly, I unscrewed the four screws that hold the strap retaining ring in place and removed the ring, by gently teasing it with a smaller screwdriver...

These screws also secure the strap assemblies to the main case...

Group shot once all parts are removed...

I was left with this dirty looking bugger.

This is one real hardcore piece of kit. Wonderfully designed and executed by Citizen - the machining of the back of the case is top notch - and what with the way the strap is located and secured, there is probably zero chance of the watch-head becoming separated from the strap. And the case engraving on the back leaves nothing to the imagination - this is a tool, pure and simple. An added boon for this watch, is that its also anti-magnetic.

As you can see from the photo's, the amount of dead skin and gunk on the back is pretty unacceptable, so the next tools I used were cotton wool buds and some baby wipes to clean up the affected areas...

Finally, "re-built"...

Overall, very pleased with the results. I can't help but have admiration for this superb piece. Very user friendly (for light servicing - it was as easy to reassemble as it was to take apart), built like a tank, and comfy on the wrist, despite its size.

Thanks for looking,

Alex:-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Give yourself more credit than half a brain, it takes more than that to appreciate watches! I really like those shots, gives me a good idea about the attention to detail and the actual size of that beast.. thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts