WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I know that sellers have the right to price items at whatever they wish, but this one was beyond funny in my opinion. I don't know what was the funniest, the ludicrous price, the 75.00 shipping cost from Guyana, or the listing that mentions this as "real gold plating", as if the fake gold plating is ever mentioned in any listing. Just thought I would bring a chuckle to everyone...the eBay auction listing number is: 132239650387

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
P.S. some of his other auctions are classic as well, he is the seller with the Omega with the super rare Benrus winding crown, and states if you can show him the same on your watch, he will give you the Omega for FREE!

·
Registered
435 Posts
This Auction is for one Pre Owned Men’s Croton Vintage Very Very Rare Long Long ago Watch and guess what? dis watch is working well
it's keeping the time boy accurate and D Date too you know and what else it's 10K Real Gold Filled.

This watch have some cosmetic wear and tiny scratches as shown in picture and the Band may be adjusted.
Buy it now for only $4800. :roll:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Very thoughtful of the seller to spell out "Swiss" and indicate where we could find it on the watch. That kind of customer service no doubt accounts for his 100% rating.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm sure someone has a project Omega that they can temporarily place a Benrus crown on it, and take advantage of his free offer on the $20,000 Omega....lol

Please don't email me saying, that the stem/Crown on the watch was change, all you have to do is go to Google Image and look for a "Benrus Watch Stem/Crown" that is on my watch or email me a picture with your watch, that have the same Stem as mine, and you can have it for free.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
He's been trying to sell that Omega for a long time. I remember emailing him a year ago telling him he was crazy and then he put the note on his auction asking folks not to email him.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Is there a reason why no one appears to be providing links to eBay auctions rather than forcing members to do a search by the auction number? The forum rules clearly state it's okay, unless you're the seller.

6. Linking to live auctions is permitted for discussion purposes only. Links to incorrect, misleading or fraudulent auctions are also permitted, provided that the sole intention is to warn other members. Links posted by the seller will be treated as sales posts and immediately deleted. There is a special eBay forum to announce your eBay auctions.

Please provide the auction link, as a courtesy to members.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I finally read the Omega posting--he goes on to offer to buy any Benrus crown, I guess so he can stick them on his other crappy Omegas.

I wonder how much he would pay for mine. It's currently attached to a Benrus Bumper, though, so he'd have to buy the whole package. I'm very fond of my Benrus Bumper (I love just saying "Benrus Bumper") but I could be persuaded for a ridiculous enough amount of $$$$.

Metal Watch Fashion accessory Cookware and bakeware

·
Registered
696 Posts
This has got to be a joke. This guy is either an utter crook or a compete idiot.

Thanks for the entertainment! Those listings are filled with gems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
[QUOTEI AM A WATCH EXPERT HERE IN GUYANA TRAINED BY ONE IF THE FINEST IN THE UNITED STATES (NEW YORK)][/QUOTE]

BUT....

I had a guy who replace batteries from modern day watches take a knife and pry this watch open, in other for me to get the information and picture to put here, we do not have the necessary equipment's to open such a watch, so to think that Parts is been replace would be naive,

I WANT TO BE A "WATCH EXPERT" TOO!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This has got to be a joke. This guy is either an utter crook or a compete idiot.

Thanks for the entertainment! Those listings are filled with gems.

I think he may be a little bit of both! Sometimes people just amaze me at the lengths they will go to make themselves sound like an expert. I will be the first to admit that I am not an expert in anything!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think he may be a little bit of both! Sometimes people just amaze me at the lengths they will go to make themselves sound like an expert. I will be the first to admit that I am not an expert in anything!

I am consistently humbled by just how little I know.... about pretty much everything. :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
As my tutor in college used to say on experts,

" X is an unknown quantity and a spurt is a drip under presasure "

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

Reactions: georges zaslavsky

·
Premium Member
13,590 Posts
this seller is an absolute fool and dishonest guy. He should be reported to ebay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts