WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been in an HEQ drought recently but one of my searches picked up a first year of production 138ss Polarouter. It was a long search..

It just had a service, new crystal and a crown.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Awesome find.:-!:-!

My - slightly younger Polerouter - also with a 138SS bumper movement - says hello.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I never thought much about acquiring a "grail" per se, but I think a Polerouter with a face like that one would qualify!! Thanks for displaying it! :-!

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Just to mention that robert11's is a Polarouter - note the spelling - the original name for the Polerouter. Very few of them around .b-)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to mention that robert11's is a Polarouter - note the spelling - the original name for the Polerouter. Very few of them around .b-)
Only weirdo polerouter addicts care:-x

Nice Polerouter:-!

If I compare the serial numbers, this 138ss Pol-e-router is actually older than the Pol-a-router. The latter coming out of the USA, where they retained the Polarouter name for longer.

Since I have started..

This one is a very late Polerouter from 1969. It has a absolutely gorgeous 218-9 micro-rotor movement with a chronometer bridge. It was only released in Europe in this configuration.

This one is a bit rare. It is 14k Gold Fill Super. I don't like this one as much, but on a blingy day it can be good! It has a Cal 1-69 in it.

All of them came off ebay. If you look, look and look then things do pop up! The 138ss is easily as accurate [very] as the later microrotors and as tough as nails. They also cost less, which is a bonus.
There are also lots to collect. Which ..is... BAD :)

A grail..Yes, but have a look at http://www.polerouter.com

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Well I'm impressed.:-! I must get a 218-9 sometime.:p

My Polerouter with a gold filled (I think) bezel which I have never opened as its a frontloader and I tend to break stems:

My latest is a Polerouter Jet which has a 215-9. The back is wrong so no serial number:

and my Polerouter with a 218-2 which came in a worn out case and is now in a NOS UG case which has a wrong bezel but looks OK.;-)

:):):)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what's a chronometer bridge?
Good question - I should have asked too. I assumed it was to do with the fancy arrangement on the regulator - but I see Roland calls that a micrometer regulator. :think:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good question - I should have asked too. I assumed it was to do with the fancy arrangement on the regulator - but I see Roland calls that a micrometer regulator. :think:
Sorry. My laziness. It is indeed a micro adjustable bridge. The little screws allowing very accurate regulation. The bridge is used on the UG chronometer rated watches. I don't own one since they are rare and expensive. A very bad combination!

I love those UG's. Especially the "Jet" . I rally like that asymmetrical case too! Thanks for showing them.

One more and I'll stop.. Promise
The inside of my white shadow date. It is adjusted to two positions. This always makes me chuckle since they don't come with a second hand. They also decided it din't need a micro adjusting bridge!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm interested in picking one of these up! Any ideas on what kind of price tag I'd be looking at though? They seem really difficult to find too :(

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I can't remember exactly what I paid - but I think I got it pretty cheap (about £75). No - there's not too many about. A quick google found a square one at $640 at a dealer - but patience on ebay will probably find a cheaper one eventually.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm interested in picking one of these up! Any ideas on what kind of price tag I'd be looking at though? They seem really difficult to find too :(
I paid $300 on a "Buy It Now" a couple of years ago. They are hard to find and they seem to vary wildly in price. I would prefer the non date version that Marrick showed us, since it is ridiculously thin for an automatic. Mine is portly in comparison. It is that pesky date wheel!

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I paid $80 for this one a few months ago:

Serviced, but has a little spotting on the dial and non-original hands. Still, they're wonderful watches.

·
Registered
315 Posts
UG Polerouter... found this one on ebay for just 143 USD, though the picture was quite blurry, so I didn't know what to expect. Goldfilled, with a fantastic beamless black dial. The movement is also nice, though the pic was taken at the watchmaker - I won't open this myself. So it will remain hidden for the next 10 years, till the next service comes around.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Beautiful - and at a great price.:-!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep, for once no reason to complain!

Here a fresh picture, I am wearing the watch today. And another shot from the fantastic movement. I believe it is the only one of all my watches that has Geneve stripes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts