WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

This is my first post on WUS. I joined WUS long back and just used to browse and read reviews. Now since I've got some free time I started wondering what would my next watch purchase would look like. Came across Sea Pro Scuba 200 and I liked it a lot. But honestly I've never heard of the brand.

Many would recommend that I would get a SKX007 or an Orient at same price. To be honest I already have SKX009. So was wondering whether should I buy it or not?

Ok then I asked my Watch enthusiast friend and he shows me another brand which I started searching about and lo! He told me about Strumento Marino watches. They make watches from SSL and are Italian so look good as well!!!

I've attached link of both the watches I like and was wondering what you people think about these two and which one is better?

Both utilises same movement and has similar dimensions.

Thanks in advance.

** THESE PICTURES DONT BELONG TO ME AND HAVE NO RIGHTS OVER IT **

Strumento Marino -

Strumento Marino - Defender Automatic - Defender - Collections

Seapro Scuba 200 -

Seapro Watches - Men's Scuba 200 Auto SP4313

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Orange Strap

Sent from my D6633 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I've had two of the SeaPro watches over the years. For what I paid they were actually pretty decent. Good bracelet, good case. Never had any issues with either. While they aren't a PO or anything, they are pretty good in their price range. Wouldn't pay over $200 for the one pictured, but around that price, not bad. I've had that very one, used as a beater for a while.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I've had two of the SeaPro watches over the years. For what I paid they were actually pretty decent. Good bracelet, good case. Never had any issues with either. While they aren't a PO or anything, there pretty good in their price range. Wouldn't pay over $200 for the one pictured, but around that price, not bad. I've had that very one, used as a beater for a while. Might get a few more responses over in the affordables forum.
View attachment 5219738 View attachment 5219746

· Registered
2,011 Posts
Thanks mate... How is lume on Scuba?
Hahaha yess.. They're selling for $900 which is crazy!! I can find a deal on this watch then!

$900?!! Seriously? No chance I would pay any thing approaching that price. For that price the range of better watches is immense. If you want one, keep an eye out on the sales forum, a really good condition one will pop up occasionally, usually around $100 or less. The SeaPro has a Miyota 8215 in it if I remember correctly, NO CHANCE at $900. Half that you could get a Seiko Sumo which would blow that out of the water in every way imaginable. Lume is cheap average at best.

· Registered
2,011 Posts
I have a 2nd Gen Black Monster and SKX009

you already have two really top notch affordable divers. Trust me, if you pay anything close to that price, your gonna be very upset when you compare those two Seikos! When I sold that Scuba Pro, it was near mint, and I almost couldn't give it away! I think it finally went at $100 even. Try the Sumo, won't be disappointed, if you just want something other than another Seiko, try looking for a good used Alpina 300, or if you want to spend $900 and are patient, you can pick up a mint Perrelet diver for around that. In my opinion, that is probably one of the best deals in a Swiss watch out there! Every bit the equal of my PO in quality. One of my favorites, have had all three dial colors, stuck with the black as one of my keepers.
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.