WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,521 Posts
Maybe a Hirsch DUKE Alligator Embossed Leather Watch Strap In BURGUNDY.

HirschDukeGat-Burgundy01-Promo.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don’t think steel will work well on that watch at all. A nice brown or black leather of some sort would look awesome though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Speedmaster coaxial on Forstner Komfit
1,989 Posts
A Forstner Komfit might work (and is a very lightweight, unique and maybe even period-correct band). A more affordable option that might also look interesting and not overwhelm the watch is a Miltat/Strapcode quick release mesh band (thin/superfine version).
In either case, if you have other watches that you could wear these bands on you do not have much to lose. I'm not sure these are available in gold.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Thats looks like a Hirsch strap based on the buckle. Maybe have a look at their website. I think black or brown leather would work well.
If you want something cheaper barton does some very affordable ones.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Best look.. dark brown / burgundy ish crocodile.
2nd best look... black crocodile
More casual look... dark brown pebbled leather

·
Registered
503 Posts
Also, I should have mentioned, if you don’t mind dropping a bit of cash, Omega makes excellent croc straps with pin buckles or deployant clasps that would look excellent on your watch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the great suggestions! After looking at a lot of the bands, I do tend to agree that the leather would likely work best with this type of watch. I just got this recently - caseback is engraved as a gift to someone, definitely quite an old piece but it runs very well and despite being a bit smaller dial than some of my others I've gotten pretty attached to it.

Thinking black or dark brown croc skin would like great - some nice texture on the band but won't take away from the dial.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any recommendations on a comfortable deployant strap? I've found so many of them to just bite into my skin or make it uncomfortable, but the thought of spending a chunk of change on a leather band that starts looking very worn with a pin buckle bothers me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Any recommendations on a comfortable deployant strap? I've found so many of them to just bite into my skin or make it uncomfortable, but the thought of spending a chunk of change on a leather band that starts looking very worn with a pin buckle bothers me.
Omega

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Ooo that looks fun! I used to stay away from mesh because so many of them feel cheap, but I really like that design
I had them on some early watches I had a 53 and a 58, PM if you are actually interested, don't have those watches anymore, they are 18mm

1 - 17 of 17 Posts