WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I an seriously considering buying the Baume & Mercier Capeland 10002. What do you guys think about this watch? Are there other comparable watches that I have perhaps not considred? Let me know if you have any recommendation. I am in my 30's and want to purchase a watch I can wear to work everyday, I work in the finance industry.

Thank you

movadobaby_2187_243798464.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just bought the B&M Capeland 10006. I LOVE it. It has a great weight to it and a really nice size. Obviously the 10006 was my favorite but this one is really nice also. You will be happy.

·
Registered
439 Posts
the B&M is ok. if you work in the finance industry, have you considered the Girard perregaux wwtc world financial? there seems to be several models.
gpf3.jpg
also, the answer depends on if you just want a nice looking watch or are you a watch enthusiast...

·
Registered
196 Posts
i'm a big fan of the new capeland line! the brown looks great! go for it!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
It is very nice, but I don't think I could have a brown dial on my "every day" watch. If it is one piece of a rotation I say go for it, but as an only watch I think you are better served by black, white, or possibly even grey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is very nice, but I don't think I could have a brown dial on my "every day" watch. If it is one piece of a rotation I say go for it, but as an only watch I think you are better served by black, white, or possibly even grey.
thanks and good point. I really like the brown but perhaps the black is for everyday wear...maybe

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
It's very nice, but the new Capeland line is rather expensive, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
thanks and good point. I really like the brown but perhaps the black is for everyday wear...maybe
To me the grey dial is the winner in that line up. Neutral enough for everyday but just a little different from every black dial out there.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I'm sure it's a fine watch, but you asked for our opinion, and in my opinion, I just don't think it looks that nice. I think you can do better for the same amount of money. Even from B&M.

Definitely check out the Omega Aqua Terra 8500, Grand Seiko automatics (not spring drives, way in excess of this model's price), Nomos watches, maybe the TAG Grand Carrera GMT.

You've got some good options available.

I generally would not choose a chronograph for an every day watch.

Maybe the Seiko SARC line would be good too, and save you a ton of money. Also has a better movement (non chronograph though).

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
i like the capeland, but i prefer the white, gray, black, better. you should get at least 20% off. dont settle for less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts