WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently saw the Longines Conquest Sport Column Wheel Chronograph in steel/black ceramic (L2.744.4.56.7) at a local AD, and they are having a sale soon with 22% off MSRP. This would bring the price down to the USD $2700 range, which I thought was a reasonable price for a ceramic-bezeled watch with an exclusive, well-regarded new chrono movement (L688.2). It also seems to be in line with online retailers but with the benefit of being from an AD.

I currently don't have any chronographs in my small, newbie collection, and this would be my first watch purchase over $1300. So I wanted to ask you guys your thoughts on whether I should pull the trigger on it. I've always really liked Omegas (especially the Speedy Pro and the Planet Ocean), but this is substantially less expensive, comes from the same parent company, has an exclusive movement, and anyway, we don't have any Omega ADs in my city. I also like that it's partly ceramic and should resist scratches better than, well, any of my other watches. I appreciate if anyone has experience or thoughts on this particular watch.

Thanks!
View attachment 1003367

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Well Yoda...I think it's a great looking watch....Longines are undervalued watches in my personal opinion and you could do allot worse.
I think the Speedy can be found on every corner,not saying it's not a nice watch, and the Longines is a little rarer. I would buy one
in a heartbeat....but I'm full up on chronos.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've just ordered this watch with the silver dial. It's really a beautiful piece and a great value in my opinion. The movement is one of the nicest I've ever seen in this price range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was looking for my first auto chrono and I wanted to spend max $1500. However when I saw the grey dial conquest with steel/ceramic bracelet L2.744.4.06.7, it was clear that I would be going beyond my budget. It's ordered and I'm just waiting now. I figured I could shell out the extra cash to go from a watch I really like to what I would consider to be my perfect watch.
I'm itching to get it.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I've got 3 Chronos...And if I only had 2...I would have the LONGINES as number 3.
Wanna buy one of mine? Then I can get the LONGINES!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If anyone actually has a conquest chrono in the L2.744.4 series, could you please post a photo of it next to a ruler. I'd like to see a picture of it as actual size since I can't find one in any brick and mortar shops. Or if you know of a photo of one next to a ruler, can you point me there.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Do you know what size it is? Just look on the net. Then take a piece of paper and draw it out.
You can even tape it on your wrist for a fit. I've done this many times. Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes. I've done that, but you can't appreciate the subtleties. I've tried cutouts with other watches and then I was surprised when I saw the real thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone actually has a conquest chrono in the L2.744.4 series, could you please post a photo of it next to a ruler. I'd like to see a picture of it as actual size since I can't find one in any brick and mortar shops. Or if you know of a photo of one next to a ruler, can you point me there.

Thanks
I don't have a photo with a ruler, but I have tried on the silver dial conquest column wheel. Even though it is only quoted as 41mm it feels larger than this.
This is mainly due to the lugs being a little larger and having a slight curl to them which moulds to the wrist beautifully.

I have been searching for months for my perfect watch and knew the style I wanted, which lead me to comparing tag carrera's, omega speedy's and finally the conquest models.
The look and feel of the longines was amazing compared to the tags and omegas I tried (my wrist is average at 7 inches) . I ordered the black one L2.744.4.56.7 a few days ago and am itching for it to arrive.

The other thing to note about the size is the steel strap is thicker and feels heftier than the tag carrera's and omegas.
In summary, even though the specs describe it as a 41mm watch, it really does have the look and feel of a watch a little bigger (but not massive like a 45mm).

I will post pics when my beauty arrives!!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Congrats k-rad7....A really N-I-C-E watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts