WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do people think of this watch? On the one hand it is obviously of very high quality and unique and he has a great reputation. On the other hand it seems a bit odd to have the word chronograph displayed so prominently? Also, at several thousand dollars, it seems perhaps expensive for a 7750 chronograph.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I have less a problem with the dial than I do the wide bezel with those screws. The Simplicity of the dial seems like it demands a simpler case.

·
Registered
12,235 Posts
How much does this Watch sell for? The Valjoux 7750 is a very good Chronograph movement. IWC puts it in its Portuguese Chronograph that retails for about AUD$10,000.00!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I find the "Valjoux 7750" text on the dial to be rather awkwardly positioned and ruins the aesthetic of the dial itself. I think if they really want to tell people that they use Valjoux 7750 movement, it'd rather be written on the caseback instead.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
To me the dial doesnt match the bezel. The dials very dressy and lots of finesse. The bezel though, really modern and utilitarian looking.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
I think it looks sweet! At some price point people expect an in-house movement, but that doesn't mean it's any better than a ETA/Valjoux. The Valjoux has been used in more expensive watches and less expensive watches. It's proven to be a reliable "work horse" and can be serviced almost anywhere.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Look at the Stowa 1938. Similar style, but much more elegance.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Nope, it is a modified 7750. look at the dial more closely :)
What am I looking for? The text that says 7750? It's the whole 'why mod a 7750 to a 3/9 subdial layout, when a 7753 is already there?' part that confused me.

I think I figured it out why when Archimede did something similar, they don't want a different case for the date pusher at 10h that the 7753 needs, so they (or Soprod) modifies the 7750 to 3/6/9 or 3/9 but keeps the date setting with the crown at the expense of a tiny bit extra height.

Stuff like this keeps me up at night.

Heh...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ugly bezel, lopsided subdials, and silly dial text. No thank you, even at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nope, it is a modified 7750. look at the dial more closely :)
The website says 7753.
A reduced chronograph. Unique design. Handmade.

Stainless steel case 42mm
height 15 mm, 22 mm strap,
sapphire crystal both sides,
chronograph movement Valjoux
7753, blued steel hands, leather
strap, rubber strap or steel
bracelet, 5 atm

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
The website says 7753.
A reduced chronograph. Unique design. Handmade.

Stainless steel case 42mm
height 15 mm, 22 mm strap,
sapphire crystal both sides,
chronograph movement Valjoux
7753, blued steel hands, leather
strap, rubber strap or steel
bracelet, 5 atm
Not for the model pictured, it clearly says Valyoux 7750 and it is a 7750. you better don't mix up the different Kulisse chronographs. Web site only shows the currently available models. Former models had a flat bezel, now it is slighly curved. The black one I posted is a 7750 as well, the creme is a 7753 handwind.

Read my review on the Schauer 7750 Bicompax.I think I proved you are wrong.

·
Registered
218 Posts
All I can say is that the picture on the current website, of the SAME watch (ed. 10) that the website says is a 7753, is of a watch with 7750 on the dial. So I was just going by the company's own site.

Schauer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts