WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at various "affordable" watches for some time, trying to find a nice wathc with a power reserve feature. I just saw this new (and IMHO quite attractive) orient:

http://www.chronograph-divers-watches.com/shop/orient-100m-power-reserve-auto-mens-world-time-watch-cey04004b0-p-2847.html?language=en

The price is quite reasonable (though I have no experience with the web site listing it) especially when compared to other world timers from Orient. This is doubly true given the sapphire glass.

I looked to see if I could find the movement, but only saw reference to Japan Made.

Any thoughts on this watch, overall quality, the listing web site or other informational links?

Regards

Attachments

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Here is a link to another review:

Orient Classic Automatic World Time CEY04001B Review

This one can be confusing because the Japan version has Sapphire on the dial where as the export version does not. I am not sure if that means the export version is mineral.

From what I have seen, this is a nice watch. It was showcased nicely on the shopNBC about a month ago and looked very nice. I am not a big fan of the date subdials, but they seem to be common on the Orient world timers. You're right, as far as world timers go, this is priced very reasonably.

I would be careful with that seller you posted. I am not familiar with them. That doesn't mean they are bad, but there are several others that are more familiar.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi,

I have had this watch with the black face and white subdials for a little over a year now. As soon as I got it, I put in on a brown strap, and it looks fantastic (IMO). It is probably the piece I wear the most and get the most compliments on. For the price, you cannot go wrong. It is a real "bang for the buck" type of watch as it is really well made...I love mine and I am sure you would not regret your purchase. so go ahead, pull the trigger ;-)

2m1.JPG

T

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've got this one. I like it a lot and it's where I usually turn on dressy occasions. Managed to get mine for around $190 shipped from eBay seller watchub ... what you're seeing is a good price, but if you're patient you might do better. I only have two quibbles. First, the white printing on the dial (ORIENT, etc.) could be a bit crisper - this is something I find on many Orients. Second, there's enough play in the GMT ring that it's hard to accurately set your second time zone ... though since I never go anywhere and mostly use the GMT for its niftiness factor, it's not really a problem.

It's a good watch at a good price point, and if you like its gestalt (as I did), go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the advice. I'm definitely tempted. I really like the leather band and all black face.

Any thoughts this being the Asian version with Sapphire written on the face. Is this web site allowed to sell that version... I don't see other retailers offering this version?

Also, What's the accuracy like, +/-5 sec/day?

With regards to the price/website - any ideas on how I verify it's real. I don't know that I've seen fake orient's but I guess you can't be too careful. Can I ask for a serial number, or something similar?

I can always pay with a one time credit card number, but I would rather do a little more due dilligence up front than have to go through that morass on the back end.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
Its not the concern over a fake. Some of these sites take your money and never send you a watch.

Then there was an eBay seller, I think it was watchhub, that had this same one on their site and sold legit watches, but at some point must have run out of inventory but still kept selling. The guy got his money back from PayPal, but it took a while.

Orient AD's in the US are amazon, shopNBC, longislandwatch, kennmar, discountwatchstore. For eBay, find which stores have it and someone can provide a recommendation.

I think the watch is specd at +/-30 sec a day. You can probably expect +/-15 seconds a day and might be lucky to get to +/-5 sec a day.

·
Vendor
253 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts