WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve always been intrigued by the dial. I’m a dial guy.
I’ve stayed away from chronos recently as I don’t really use the function but love the look. The Breguet is classy on top.

My collection is a GO senator sixties green, a Triton dive watch, RGM diver 300, and I have a vintage DJ and Sinn 104 I’m looking to sell.

I know they are COMPLETELY different watches...but if I were to sell the Dj and replace it with the Breguet am I gaining or losing in the collection?

Thoughts on the Breguet at preowned prices and value?

Thanks all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
I vote go for it get the Breguet. Its honestly for the price I think a hell of a watch with the history and overall look of the watch. Datejust are nice but the Breguet has a lot more style and character. I also think it would be nice to throw in a complication to your normal 3 handed collection.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
The type xx is a pretty good step up over the DJ in my opinion. It's an excellent value in the used market especially. And I think it would fit nicely into your collection even if you don't use the function much. The dial is beautiful in person.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The type xx is a pretty good step up over the DJ in my opinion. It's an excellent value in the used market especially. And I think it would fit nicely into your collection even if you don't use the function much. The dial is beautiful in person.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
I decided to go with it. It seems like a good price on the preowned market and this one had a recent service so I feel good about using it. It’s from the 2000s. I like the DJ, it I still hesitate about a real vintage piece and trusting it. So I think, for me, it’ll be the better piece to own.

I only want to have four watch’s plus maybe a “beater” so I’d like to sell one or two.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think it is a beautiful watch and the deals you get on used examples are amazing for such a watch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I decided to go with it. It seems like a good price on the preowned market and this one had a recent service so I feel good about using it. It’s from the 2000s. I like the DJ, it I still hesitate about a real vintage piece and trusting it. So I think, for me, it’ll be the better piece to own.

I only want to have four watch’s plus maybe a “beater” so I’d like to sell one or two.

Thanks for the input.

Congrats, I’m sure you will enjoy it. I’m pretty sure the Type XX’s from the early 2000s were still utilizing tritium... is the watch you are purchasing have tritium or Luminova? I regret not buying one many years ago that had begun to age very nicely and would have been an absolute steal compared to what they go for today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, I’m sure you will enjoy it. I’m pretty sure the Type XX’s from the early 2000s were still utilizing tritium... is the watch you are purchasing have tritium or Luminova? I regret not buying one many years ago that had begun to age very nicely and would have been an absolute steal compared to what they go for today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s just late enough to have Luminova. I agree the age tritium looks nice, but when I see the lume glow I like that just as much.

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used some paint to fill in the numbers. Looks good!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
It’s just late enough to have Luminova. I agree the age tritium looks nice, but when I see the lume glow I like that just as much.

Proper lume makes more sense for a pilots watch anyway... Congratulations, it looks great on you!

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Proper lume makes more sense for a pilots watch anyway... Congratulations, it looks great on you!

Thanks! Not as if I’m a pilot. :) I’ve been wearing it all day and the guy I got it from his right. It is the most comfortable bracelet I’ve ever worn.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think a chrono will be my next watch as well. Currently contemplating the Type XX, a vintage Speedy, or one of the in-house Breitlings. Also thinking of stretching to a Blancpain Leman Flyback of the JLC Polaris Chrono. I keep coming back to the Breguet though as it's a bit upmarket from the Speedy and sort of the unexpected choice. Your pictures are great and I'm glad you are enjoying the watch, that helps me with my decision.

Reactions: 41Mets

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats! I absolutely love mine. Incredible piece. Unfortunately letting mine go to make room for a FF I just bought. I bought my Type XX from AD at a 30% discount. Still taking a bath on it. Wish I would have bought it secondhand as they are incredible watches at the secondary price point. Hell it’s an incredible watch at MSRP. Enjoy it! And as amazing as the bracelet is, it’s a watch that works great on a strap as well!

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some nice pics from today. I’m sure I’ll try it in a strap at some point .

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I'm a huge DJ fan and wore various Rolex for most of 40 years, but the Type XX is a very nice upgrade. Of course, I don't consider it quite as versatile or tough as the DJ. The Breguet does have 100m of WR, but I wouldn't go swimming with mine.

The Type XX has a nice, substantial feeling bracelet that wears comfortably, but it's also a strap monster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts