WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to pick this watch up. Full kit, $1200, thoughts??

A9146A2A-2378-453E-83AE-3E9707275239.jpeg

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've come close to picking one up second hand on more than one occasion. I think the lack of tegimenting is what kept me away in the end. I was looking at the same price point if I remember correctly, give or take fifty dollars maybe?

·
Registered
Sinn 104 ST SA I
351 Posts
I like that version. That’s a good deal. Seen the standard 556 black dial for 1000 but get in to white or blue dial and prices go up a few hundred. Make 1100 offer maybe. Get it, good. Don’t get it, move on. There’s a lot of great buys out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like that version. That’s a good deal. Seen the standard 556 black dial for 1000 but get in to white or blue dial and prices go up a few hundred. Make 1100 offer maybe. Get it, good. Don’t get it, move on. There’s a lot of great buys out there.

Fair enough. I’m not overly concerned about the price, but more about this version of the 556 in general.

·
Registered
Sinn 104 ST SA I
351 Posts
I personally like it. Haven’t seen many with white dial and red tipped second hand. The bracelet on the 556 is super comfortable. 38.5mm so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don’t necessarily need it, but like my watches to have it, since I like watches on the sporty side. This watch has black indices which lume green, pretty cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally like it. Haven’t seen many with white dial and red tipped second hand. The bracelet on the 556 is super comfortable. 38.5mm so keep that in mind.

38.5 should be good for me, as my wrist size is roughly 6.5”. My diameter preference is 38-40, lug to lug of no more than 48mm, and a watch on the thinner side...so should be perfect.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has lume. That grey kind.

Pic nicked

Man that’s pretty narly...black that turns green lume.

Reactions: Speedy B

·
Registered
Sinn 104 ST SA I
351 Posts
I said I haven’t see many, but actually more like any. This is a nice one. If authentic, full kit as stated, I’d get it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I said I haven’t see many, but actually more like any. This is a nice one. If authentic, full kit as stated, I’d get it.

Yes Indeed, full kit, originally purchased from Watchbuys 06/15. It comes with original leather, and Sinn bracelet that was purchased after the fact. Bracelet comes with it’s own box, tool, and two sets of end links.

Reactions: Speedy B

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Oh, I didn't know this existed. I knew there was a silver dial Japanese one kind of like mine. Personally, I think it is worth it. My white dial 556i is by far my favorite watch and I have no regrets about the money I paid. If you like it and the cost isn't extravagant in comparison to your budget, then get it.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I didn't know this existed. I knew there was a silver dial Japanese one kind of like mine. Personally, I think it is worth it. My white dial 556i is by far my favorite watch and I have no regrets about the money I paid. If you like it and the cost isn't extravagant in comparison to your budget, then get it.
View attachment 15502126
Ooooo, what 556i is that?? I like that one with black/white indices/hands. I did a quick WatchRecon search for Sinn 556i All Days, not a single white dial 556 comes up. Crazy how these things never seem to pop up, and though I like the look of your watch better, I kinda don't want to miss out on the one I have a chance to snag.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, waited too long and missed out on the opportunity, oh well.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Wow full kit weiss for $1,200? Done deal IMHO. OT somewhat but the version Mr.Jones82 has is the watch that keeps me from buying a white Rolex OP. Just knowing the Sinn is out there nags at my sense of value.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts