WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

What can you tell me about this vintage Baume & Mercier 902?

Thoughts on the dial? It's value? Also how much is a standard service for these watches if you happen to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
On the outside, looks legit- at least I have been able to find other specimens, which look identical, and which don't look like they were tampered with.
A movement pic would be necessary in order to assess the authenticity of it. The case has some heavy brassing, the lume is in a bad condition as well.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Should probably have a Landeron 48 inside, or variant. Also, I would guess that the diameter is rather small, something like 34mm. This would have to be considered an entry level vintage chronograph in very rough shape. A standard service varies quite a bit on location, but my watchmaker's fee would start at about $300, and rise if parts/repairs are needed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thoughts on this Baume & Mercier 902 Chronograph?

On the outside, looks legit- at least I have been able to find other specimens, which look identical, and which don't look like they were tampered with.
A movement pic would be necessary in order to assess the authenticity of it. The case has some heavy brassing, the lume is in a bad condition as well.
I purchased it. Can provide movement shots when it comes in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thoughts on this Baume & Mercier 902 Chronograph?

Should probably have a Landeron 48 inside, or variant. Also, I would guess that the diameter is rather small, something like 34mm. This would have to be considered an entry level vintage chronograph in very rough shape. A standard service varies quite a bit on location, but my watchmaker's fee would start at about $300, and rise if parts/repairs are needed.
Thank you!

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
We don't provide valuations here...It's explained in the "sticky" threads with the rules of this sub-forum.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
You can search under sold items using eBay's advanced search to find sales prices for gold plated Landeron chronographs of similar size and condition. My sense is that you can buy them for ~$200 pretty easily. A serviced watch will not generally sell for much more than an unserviced watch on eBay, because buyers (correctly) don't really believe that they are serviced. So servicing a watch for resale purposes is not generally recommended, unless you can service it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts