6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts or input on this bracelet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I think it's original, quality just looks too good for a fake
The question is if 3010 bracelet and 511 endlinks is a correct combo, let's hope someone will chime in with a table or smth

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bracelet looks ok (even tho I cannot really tell if the beads are polished as they should). End links are correct too, there are actually quite a few of them that fit the 3010 bracelet, it all depends on which case they are going to be used. Also, 3010 bracelet is the modern replacement of the 1036, 1502, 1040 etc (again, quite a few ref for this same bracelet). I may add that yours is missing at least 3 extra links. Cannot remember how many were on it in first place.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the consensus is that it’s a genuine, Omega made replacement. However, it’s not vintage or NoS.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
So the consensus is that it’s a genuine, Omega made replacement. However, it’s not vintage or NoS.

I think you can tell for yourself that it's clearly not NOS. Scratches, scuffs, and dings are obvious.

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you can tell for yourself that it's clearly not NOS. Scratches, scuffs, and dings are obvious.
I worded that wrong. I just meant that it’s genuine omega, but not vintage.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Correct, genuine but came as a replacement from Omega for the old 5 rows BOR bracelets. Even ofrei had them for sale.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I might add that is still a desirable item but you might want to take into consideration the overall conditions, the missing extra links and the fact that the end links are quite knackered (bent tips?)

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might add that is still a desirable item but you might want to take into consideration the overall conditions, the missing extra links and the fact that the end links are quite knackered (bent tips?)
No doubt. The story is that I just obtained an all original 1959 Seamaster from a friend. After, he mentioned that he had bought a BoR bracelet for it, but he had to bend the end links back otherwise they stick out from behind the very slim lugs.

He said if he could find it, I could have it. He brought it into work yesterday and gave it to me.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
No doubt. The story is that I just obtained an all original 1959 Seamaster from a friend. After, he mentioned that he had bought a BoR bracelet for it, but he had to bend the end links back otherwise they stick out from behind the very slim lugs.

He said if he could find it, I could have it. He brought it into work yesterday and gave it to me.

This thread doesn't have enough photos. ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This thread doesn't have enough photos. ;-)
You can see these aren’t the correct end links. I’d like to get straight end links for it.

I’d also like to get the lugs straightened, and the watch serviced. But I’m concerned they will swap out parts I don’t want swapped out.

As far as it missing links; it’s pictured here on my 8” wrist, with 1 more micro adjustment left.

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
With some patience, you could gently and carefully modify those endlinks to fit with some sandpaper and/or small fine files. That's what people often do when the fit is already so close, since it's pretty hard to find the correct end-links. If you're not handy, you might be able to find an watchmaker who will do it for you.

Only Omega will swap out parts. A local independent watchmaker who is experienced with vintage watches will do a good job for you. Try to find one with an Omega parts account if possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts