WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Interesting watches. Handled them at the dealer but they really aren't to my tastes. It does look like they are now making some more "normal" sized models. Most are very large. Quality seems okay but that's just my impression from handling. No experience in ownership.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Left hand crown. Unique dial. Bulbous crystal. With a Cyclops in the direct center.

The 'Working in between' is kinda funky. O-60. Lol, what about above sea level?

I like it.
Is that a cyclops or an air bubble? I get the impression it's oil filled. There's no sense to a cyclops there

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Left hand crown. Unique dial. Bulbous crystal. With a Cyclops in the direct center.

The 'Working in between' is kinda funky. O-60. Lol, what about above sea level?

I like it.
Is that a cyclops or an air bubble? I get the impression it's oil filled. There's no sense to a cyclops there
Definitely an air bubble

·
Registered
Too many to name.
546 Posts
I liked their U-42 model because of the uniqueness of the crown.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I quite like them as a left field choice in a decent sized collection. They are a bit different/out there which Im fine with, but unlike some the large size is a plus for me and the left hand crown suits this lefty just fine. Might get one some day, but not top of the list currently.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I bought one of those. Pretty nice watch, it is certainly legible. I haven't worn it yet but look forward to the day it enters my rotation. If you are considering it, make sure you get one of their newer models w/battery hatch. Otherwise you'll have to send it to Italy for a battery change.

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
Yes, that one is an oil filled quartz. Looks super cool from other angles, too.

I like U-Boat generally. Not the name to be honest, but the watches. I love it when brands dare to do things differently and not follow the mainstream taste, so that clearly means thumbs up for U-Boat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts