WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks I am a new member but have been reading the forum for a bit now. I am wanting to purchase another watch and would like it to be on a rubber strap. I was hoping for some thoughts from some more experienced folks about what they would consider. My price point for this purchase is $15k or less. Only want to go there for rubber strap if the watch is perfect (in my eyes obviously). I have read and appreciate a few models but my knowledge isn't as versed as most folks on here. A couple of brands I've looked at so far are IWC, Omega, and Blancpain. This would be a watch that I would wear regularly. Thank you guys so much for your help. I am really happy I finally joined.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Please give some models/styles and sizes you're interested in.

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Perhaps it would be an idea to buy the watch you like with a bracelet and buy a rubber strap to complement it.

One it gives you options and two, should you decide to sell it later, you are likely to get more for it with the bracelet (plus a rubber strap is cheaper than a bracelet).

·
Registered
457 Posts
Perhaps it would be an idea to buy the watch you like with a bracelet and buy a rubber strap to complement it.

One it gives you options and two, should you decide to sell it later, you are likely to get more for it with the bracelet (plus a rubber strap is cheaper than a bracelet).
This is really the best advice. Buy a watch with a bracelet or leather strap and add the rubber. While not uber high end, panerai has the best rubber straps in the game IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so far for the replies. I really appreciate the thoughts. As one person asked for me to post a few watches that I've looked at. Here's the list so far.
1. Blancpain Barakuda
2. IWC Portugieser Yacht Club Chronograph
3. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore diver
4. Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Deep Black

Those are a few that have caught my eye.

I also appreciate the comment about buying a watch I like and add the rubber strap. Sounds simple but really never thought about that.

I have worn a watch with a rubber strap for awhile and it never has bothered me.

I know I am probably a little different than some folks but I like a rubber strap and reason #2 is I feel a rubber strap flies under the radar more than other options. That's another reason why none of the watches in my possession or list that I provided are a Rolex. It doesn't mean I don't like and appreciate a Rolex but it's not for me. I feel that unless you're a watch person you really don't know how much any of my watches cost. This is totally my feeling but in my world I like to keep a lower profile.

Hope this helps provides you guys with some more info.
And thank you again

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
02_SeaQ_PD_rubber_black_front.jpg

But I tend to agree that you can put an excellent after-market rubber strap on almost any watch for $150-200 tops. The requirement that the watch come on a OEM rubber strap might limit you to the point that you ignore many perfect (for you) options.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Girard-Peregaux Laureato. Comes with both a leather strap and rubber strap. Here's mine on leather, but I wear it in rubber as well.

To all those people suggesting bracelets, not everyone likes them. I personally only wear a couple of watches on bracelet as I hate the scratches they attract. I don't mind scratches on the watch, but on a bracelet it annoys me, so I wear most of my watches on leather, rubber or NATO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2nd generation vacheron overseas chrono limited edition watch that I got well under $15k. Mine’s silver dial with white chrono hands but there are other versions out there. The limited editions come with both a leather and rubber strap. I keep mine on rubber and love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am really appreciative of all of the comments. I have read some options that I wouldn't have thought about before.
One extra thought from me that guides this decision somewhat. Since this purchase will be a bit more than my other watches I don't want a model that has lower end options available. Not 100% sure why that should matter in my head but it does. Does this change any thoughts for you guys?
Thanks again

·
Registered
457 Posts
I am really appreciative of all of the comments. I have read some options that I wouldn't have thought about before.
One extra thought from me that guides this decision somewhat. Since this purchase will be a bit more than my other watches I don't want a model that has lower end options available. Not 100% sure why that should matter in my head but it does. Does this change any thoughts for you guys?
Thanks again
Just go for a higher end brand then. You will only have the base model, therefore no one will have a lesser watch thats similar. Get a Fifty Fathoms on bracelet/sailcloth and get the rubber to go with it. There you go! Theres that new Barakuda version you could try and find.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You have so many to choose from...we are seeing so many watches in the mid to high end with with great looking rubber strap combo's.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Omega Seamaster and WAY under your budget.

Plenty from Paneri

Used AP

Vacheron Overseas 3 just over your budget and get 3 straps.

Rolex Explorer plus oyster flex rubber would be cool.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Girard-Peregaux Laureato. Comes with both a leather strap and rubber strap. Here's mine on leather, but I wear it in rubber as well.

To all those people suggesting bracelets, not everyone likes them. I personally only wear a couple of watches on bracelet as I hate the scratches they attract. I don't mind scratches on the watch, but on a bracelet it annoys me, so I wear most of my watches on leather, rubber or NATO.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
These are growing on me more and more.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Fifty Fathoms Barakuda Re-Edition (5008B 1130 B52A)
it was one of Blancpain novelties in 2019 and limited to 500 pieces

5008b-1130_front.png

·
Registered
152 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts