21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Reactions: jameswatchsd

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
I am really appreciative of all of the comments. I have read some options that I wouldn't have thought about before.
One extra thought from me that guides this decision somewhat. Since this purchase will be a bit more than my other watches I don't want a model that has lower end options available. Not 100% sure why that should matter in my head but it does. Does this change any thoughts for you guys?
Thanks again
What came to mind when I read your post is that you can:
- Buy a watch that comes on a rubber strap, or
- Buy a watch that does not come on a rubber strap & buy a rubber strap to put on it.
Either way, you may be happiest by selecting the watch you like best & then choosing among the available rubber strap options a available for that watch.

What you've asked a out seems like you're more concerned w/the horseshoes than w/the horse.

And to answer your question, the Patek Aquanaut, AP Royal Oak, VC Overseas, Hublot Fusion something or other, & Breguet Marine were all comfy & smart looking to me when I tried them on a week or two ago. IDK what they are like half-a-dozen years in.

I will say this: ask your sales rep whether whatever rubber strap you buy has some sort of stretch-abatement feature. I know Rolex has such a feature. IDK what other makers' rubber straps have a similar feature.

·
Registered
868 Posts
This one comes with three, bracelet, rubber, leather. Msrp is 18.9 US but you can get closer to 15k buy shopping grey, I did just that for mine, good timing and complete bnib.Not a diver and maybe not your cup of tea but good to 150m. very comfortable, true 41mm at 11mm thick. Happy Hunting....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
This one comes with three, bracelet, rubber, leather. Msrp is 18.9 US but you can get closer to 15k buy shopping grey, I did just that for mine, good timing and complete bnib.Not a diver and maybe not your cup of tea but good to 150m. very comfortable, true 41mm at 11mm thick. Happy Hunting....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Stunning Vacheron. I came back to this thread a few times just to look at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
For 14.5 You can have my audemars piguet offshore triple calendar.
Full set too (;

Audemars TC 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Many of the new Zenith Defy models had rubber straps.

You could also go for a Stratos Striking Tenth, or some other Stratos model in precious metals.

·
Registered
218 Posts
get a rolesor (two tone rolex sub (in either blue or black with gold) and but an everest rubber strap on it. forget the Omegas, IWCs. Blancpains are nice tho.
DSCN6613-1-1024x768.jpg
ef0cbe4e58788c21c152f3ee366e1e59.jpg

btw, these are pics from the internet

21 - 28 of 28 Posts