WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
:-d Mikeman, didn't you ask something like "what watch do you cook in" or something to that effect? :roll: You had me makin' a fool of myself joining in on that one. :-! I think you started the new year off with that one.

We all have our moments ;-)

RD

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Between the What would you buy? Recommend me a diver 40mm no less and a host of many others and now today: Do you wash your hands
with your diver on?? Seriously?
No wonder I am spending less time round here.
and you just realized this now?! and don't forget the ubiquitous "micro of the month" related threads as well.

the Dive Watch forum here has gone downhill for *years* now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Very true, and noticeable even in the relatively short time I have been hanging around here, but if you're not posting interesting threads or content, you (like me) are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It's a big forum. I used to mainly participate in the Dive Forum but I have found hundreds of other interesting threads elsewhere on WUS.

Sometimes a break is good. When I start thinking my watch is to big, consider buying a NATO, or think a rubber strap is worth $120.00, it's time for a break.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a big forum. I used to mainly participate in the Dive Forum but I have found hundreds of other interesting threads elsewhere on WUS.

Sometimes a break is good. When I start thinking my watch is to big, consider buying a NATO, or think a rubber strap is worth $120.00, it's time for a break.
True, I find myself looking at dress watches more and more..

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha! now that you mentioned it there is a little black number I've had my eye on! How did you know?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
I've just recently joined back in the forums from a long hiatus; and commented in the hand washing thread. Hey, what can you say; I was bored this morning. : )

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Agree wholeheartedly....if YOU can't decide on what watch to buy I feel sorry for you....:-d

Imagine deciding on what car to buy, where to buy a house, what career path to choose, what shoes to wear and with what socks, should i cut my hair or not and if so what cut, who to marry as if anyone would want you.....blah, blah, blah....your life must be a frenzied mess.....o|

STOP EATING THAT GMO CORN!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
These kinds of funny/inane threads are common to big forums.

There are a lot of newbies and novices here (like myself) who have questions that may seem trivial to others who are more experienced, but these are things we really wonder about.

·
Registered
22,116 Posts
Google is a wonderful thing. Most all questions can be answered with a simple search. I think the reason for so many silly threads are people today want instant gratification, without the effort to find out the answer themselves. I like to look at it as think stupid thoughts/questions to yourself, rather than put it in writing and remove all doubt.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I haven't a problem with novice or what might be thought of as silly threads. No problem at all.

Watches are a fun hobby which along with my many other hobbies I try not to take too seriously.

At least I try ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Between the What would you buy? Recommend me a diver 40mm no less and a host of many others and now today: Do you wash your hands
with your diver on?? Seriously?
No wonder I am spending less time round here.
Take a few minutes and browse the front page of threads on the Pubic Forum, then come back.

You will be cured.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.