WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquire a big lots of G which makes me immediately complete all three generations of the Gulfman. This claim off cause does not include the pre master of G, DW9700 (1st gen). So why not take a group shot to record this milestone.

From left to right, G9100-2 (2nd gen), G9100BP (2.5 gen), GW9100 (3rd gen), GW9110 (4th gen). Note that the strap of G9100BP has been upgraded to use the riseman strap hince 2.5. The GW9110 is with Riseman strap which is a good design choice. I will now sport them more.

I used to have the GW9100 (jelly band) before but I wasn't impressed with it's basic module. Now I still feel the same way. Gulfman is the least favorite man from the master of G. And now with the tide/moon graphs are included in the Frogman, I don't see why we need Gulfman actually (or may be until the new Frog are all titanium).

Enjoy the pictures, cheers,

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mighty fine collection of Gulfs. Got the GW9110 myself and its a solid no nonsense G. I'd have a hard job choosing which one to wear!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I really like gulfman although I've yet to try one on, let alone purchase one. One thing is always wonder though, is how come the 3rd generation gw9100 (3rd from the left) why doesn't it have tide/moon graphs like all the others?

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I really like gulfman although I've yet to try one on, let alone purchase one. One thing is always wonder though, is how come the 3rd generation gw9100 (3rd from the left) why doesn't it have tide/moon graphs like all the others?
I think GW9100 came out around the same time as GW9000A (from picture in the G-SHOCK Bible moog). They are kind of the first generation of solar atomic (correct me if I'm wrong). The functions are still basic. Casio later released the successive models to include the special features.

Look like it's the Riseman that never have the design change from the first release of solar atomic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If there is to be a new Gulfman model I hope Casio add more than one tide location (10 would be good) and the ability to view the TMR and STW functions from the home screen much the same as the date and WT is implemented on the current model. That'd be awesome as I use the TMR/STW functions all the time and I endlessly keep button pressing to see the time.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
NICE to see all in one room. The 1st gen revolver Gulfman is still my fav design although it is lack function in comparison.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Thank you gshockme, i didn't know about the "half step" of the bp model.

·
Registered
371 Posts

dw-8600 ( fisherman ) is the first rust-resistant G and the forerunner of gulfman .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts