WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Dront, are you producing these ;) ? Howcome you can find two of them, when a dozen of us just on Polish forums are looking for them and noone has found even a single plate :*(...

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Just a lack. Sometime it happens.
I'd like some luck searching for a type 2... Again - no luck so far. Luckily I got a decent Type I to cheer me up. Back to the gold plated markings, I think they used to be black... I always wanted to have a decent K28 with the famous red markings, but when I finally got a very nice, mvery early Precision Class from 1959:

it had black painted markings. I wanted to wear it occasionally, I found a much, much better case (not top, but you don't want to know how bad it was - I wonder how could the dial survive in such good condition!), and I had it serviced. It returned like this:

nice, brassy, sluightly reddish markings! The paint on K28 was apparently not too resistant to cleaning solutions and it simply disappeared :)

Of coures, I don't say there were no gold-marked pieces, but many seem to be just paintless :)

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Bumping this old thread to post this question:

What's the final year of production for Vostok 2809/2809A? Years '70s?

I need to date one piece with enough precision.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Probably after 1971 : I have a Vostok "Precision Class" with paper, stamped 12 07 1971. Movement 2209 n°73858, gold plated.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Probably after 1971 : I have a Vostok "Precision Class" with paper, stamped 12 07 1971. Movement 2209 n°73858, gold plated.
The Vostok that i have under my eye is marked 1979...i don't think serial number would be helpful, since it was not applied in chronological order (as far as i know).

Maybe some stock watches were still available (albeit not produced) in 1979?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Possible : I do not know if the date on the paper is the actual production date, or only the date when the watch got out of the factory into the distribution network...
1979 seems very late indeed for a 2809. Any picture of it?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Andrej Krukovich, moderator of the main Russian-language watch forum and old school watchmaker mentions 1973 as the end of production for 2809 movement. His source are contemporary lists of replacement movements and spare parts, so I think the info is quite reliable.

http://forum.watch.ru/showthread.php?p=206182#post206182

But when the last watch with this movement left the factory - I have no idea whatsoever :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello! I.m new to this forum and i arrived here in searching for more information about russian watches. So, in my first post i would like to ask a question about a Volna watch wich seems to have a golden 2809 movement. As far as i read about identifing a precise 2809 movement, this seems to be one of them, besides the fact that is found in a Volna case, as you can see in the photos bellow. Is it the ONE?Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Gustilik - so far as I can see it looks good. However, it does appear to be quite a curious export version which I haven't seen before. The movement is marked 22 Jewels but the dial is marked 22 Rubis, so perhaps destined for the French market?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the answer Neruda. 22 rubis on the dial, 22 jewels on the movement and the chirilic name Volna on the dial. It.s probablly what i would call globalisation. :) Happy to know that this might be a Vostok precise movement. Any other oppinions? I.m about to buy this watch and a certain answer would help my a lot.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hello! I.m new to this forum and i arrived here in searching for more information about russian watches. So, in my first post i would like to ask a question about a Volna watch wich seems to have a golden 2809 movement. As far as i read about identifing a precise 2809 movement, this seems to be one of them, besides the fact that is found in a Volna case, as you can see in the photos bellow. Is it the ONE?Thank you!
I don't think that is legitimate. Every Volna I have ever seen has lugs blended into the case:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brown

Also, I'm almost certain that those hands are not correct for a Volna.

Finally, it's a general rule that Cyrillic/Latin are never intermixed on a dial, which sets off immediate alarm bells.

I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in, but I think this is wrong and would advise you to steer clear.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
I don't think that is legitimate. Every Volna I have ever seen has lugs blended into the case:

View attachment 12594191

Also, I'm almost certain that those hands are not correct for a Volna.

Finally, it's a general rule that Cyrillic/Latin are never intermixed on a dial, which sets off immediate alarm bells.

I'd wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in, but I think this is wrong and would advise you to steer clear.
I agree with you, comrade. That "B" branded movement in the straight lug case with the baton hands was never made with a "Volna" dial like that. Second hand looks like a replacement, replacement, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you, bpmurray. Besides doubting the case beeing original, what is your oppinion about the movement? Would you say it.s a precise one? About the case i found some photos on a blog, with a Vostok 22 jewels, with 2809 movement, that resembles to the form of the case i posted above.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 103 Posts