WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm going to spread this post out over three parts so as to keep you all guessing as to what the next watch will be. I don't know how I managed it, but I ended up getting three great watches in two days:-s
The first two watches were purchased from a store yesterday and the third one I bought online on Friday and is on its way to me.

Today's is nice but the next two are really good:p

OK, this is today's watch its an unused 1998 DW-004BD-8T Terje Haakonsen limited edition and comes complete with all its paperwork. I got it once again with the intention of selling it so as to help pay for the other two I've just got.
But just like the Lucky Strike I picked up a couple of weeks ago, I can't bring myself to sell it:-( They are limited editions so I probably won't get the chance to buy them again.

It was a new place I found yesterday and they had a lot of collectable standard models along with many limited editions. So maybe I should just get a few standard ones to sell. Then I won't be tempted to hold onto them:-!

Enjoy the photos of watch number one and I will post number two in a couple of days

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Looks like a collector's item all wrapped up in its package. Very nice :-!

Looking forward to the others ;-)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kpatt, glad you like it.

You won't be dissapointed with the next one!!! I've searched the forum and I don't think its been posted before:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
24 CTU DW5600DV?

talking about the G bible.. I cannot seem to stop looking in it.. all the time when I am home.. LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
24 CTU DW5600DV?

talking about the G bible.. I cannot seem to stop looking in it.. all the time when I am home.. LOL
Sorry, its not that one;-)

I know what you are saying about the bible. It could end up being a very expensive book:-!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I noticed "it was a new place I found". No other information. I think Steve wants to keep this gold mine all to himself. ;-)

-Gawain

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed "it was a new place I found". No other information. I think Steve wants to keep this gold mine all to himself. ;-)

-Gawain
:) Nothing much to tell you about it other than it has some nice G-Shocks!!! Its simply a used/second hand store on the outskirts of Nagoya. You can find them all over Japan. Most of them have G-Shocks for sale but this particular one has a good selection.:-!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Sjors,

I knew about the Terje Haakonsen Wademan before but didn't know you could get other models such as this. I wasn't that bothered about it at first but the more I look at the pictures the more I like it. From the price on the back it looks like it was quite an expensive watch when it came out.

As I said I got it to help pay for the other watch I got, which also happens to be my most expensive G-Shock...

Steve

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks stan2323,

Great set you've got!!! How long did it take to put together and which is your favourite one? I really like the look of the dark blue one (second left):-!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here it is my second watch. Hope you all like it:)

I'm sure many of you know all about it but for those who don't, its a Limited Edition (1,000 models) Ultraman 40th Anniversary DW-6900FS.

I'm going to let the photos do the rest of the talking:-!

Keep an eye out for watch number three on a few more days.

Steve

Attachments

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!:-! I get it steve. I didn't know your changed Avatar was also a hint:-d:-d:-d:-d

Stunnung, really stunning. I had was for a moment speechless. How do I love red inner plates in a DW-6900. The band looks a little too busy for my, but it looks very nice. Any Idea what the EL design represents?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Sjors,

As you can imagine I'm really pleased with it:-!
I understand what you are saying about the band though. I guess is a bit like the Ultraman TV show, kind of over the top!!!!!
Its not a problem though I can't see it getting that much wrist time;-)

I was puzzling over the EL design for a while myself. I'm pretty sure its Ultraman flying towards you. I know this isn't a good picture but you get the idea.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Ahhhhh, silly me.. :roll: I thought it was an internet store .....

-Gawain

:) Nothing much to tell you about it other than it has some nice G-Shocks!!! Its simply a used/second hand store on the outskirts of Nagoya. You can find them all over Japan. Most of them have G-Shocks for sale but this particular one has a good selection.:-!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts