WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found these today at the bottom of a tray full of costume jewelry.They both need a lot of work but I think they are both savable.I was most excited about finding the Cyma,I've kind of been on the hunt for this style of watch although I don't know much about them.I was wondering if there is a good site with information on these?I'm not having much luck with so far.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, cool finds. The WWII campaign medal is a nice find too.

As to the Cyma.... TACY is Tavannes and CYma mashed together. it looks to be the 10-1/2''' 030 (or variant there of...). I've parts for this watch and we could get it running if you want. Is the back missing? I may even have a spare case back for this one. I recall one of the spares I bought came with a partial case... where is it now is the question. Yours like mine (also more here) is likely from the early 30s.

Not much else to say.

Reactions: mikmis

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, cool finds. The WWII campaign medal is a nice find too.

As to the Cyma.... TACY is Tavannes and CYma mashed together. it looks to be the 10-1/2''' 030 (or variant there of...). I've parts for this watch and we could get it running if you want. Is the back missing? I may even have a spare case back for this one. I recall one of the spares I bought came with a partial case... where is it now is the question. Yours like mine (also more here) is likely from the early 30s.

Not much else to say.
Thank you Jack!! The case back is there but is pretty scratched up,also is missing the crystal and seconds hand.I think the movement is in good shape the balance wheel seems good but something is binding and it won't run I think there is a little rust on the second hand post.I would really like to get this one fixed up.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts