WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought myself a small Pelican case to use when i'm traveling. I used to never take more than one watch whenever i'd leave town, since I didn't have something smart enough to carry/protect them in. Picked up this little badboy for under $25... Under 25 freakin bucks! Heck, I got $25 worth of fun just setting the dang thing up after opening it!

Needless to say, i'll be able to take a few divers, and other watches with me from now on. woohoo! For someone who wants something very protective to carry their watches in, I highly recommend. :-! Anyone else with 'Pelican Travelers', please post pics!

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I'm kinda new to the whole pelican case thing. Can you post a link to the one that you bought? Also, is the foam precut for watches or do you have to cut it? Thanks!

·
Banned
882 Posts
I'm kinda new to the whole pelican case thing. Can you post a link to the one that you bought? Also, is the foam precut for watches or do you have to cut it? Thanks!
Hey stumpy, Leisure Pro has them at a discount...here's the link:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/bradleysears/Seiko SBDC001 SUMO/IMG_4066.jpg

if that one is too big/small, they've got a wide assortment to choose from and their shipping is very fast. Their "pluck n pull" foam is, IMO, the only way to go. Just measure out widthxlength and pluck 'n pull your way to happiness :-d

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's where I got mine.

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/detail_pelican_1060.html

Seemed like great prices, and they shipped very fast. Also, I agree with Brad r.e. the pluck n foam. It's awesome. It takes a while to cut out the forms you need, but it's worth it, and kind of fun, too. The end result is a custom cut-out for your watches, or whatever else you are storing in there.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. What size would you guys recommend for 4 big watches? I'd like to line them up like dtmartin's 3 but I think the 1200 may be just too big. The 8" width on the 1150 may be too small to fit 4 across with enough foam space. Recommendations?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. What size would you guys recommend for 4 big watches? I'd like to line them up like dtmartin's 3 but I think the 1200 may be just too big. The 8" width on the 1150 may be too small to fit 4 across with enough foam space. Recommendations?
i recommend you get the 1200; set it up for six; and buy two more big watches!:-d

i absolutely love the pelican case for watch storage. i shamelessly copied directly from Ptern's pic last summer. here's a couple pics...

tyler

Attachments

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
That's a really good idea. I may have to get one I need a good portable case.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jclevoy-

Your orange Peli looks tight! Esp. for a case full of divers. Very, very nice.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I don't know what I did before I got my Pelican case! :-d

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Duncan
Bigger one" ,I thought you have only one watch left??;-)
HAHA!! Good point mate but now I have 2!! I have the SAR and the Omega! :-d TBH, I keep my straps and watches in mine. I have my SM120 on my wrist most of the time and the SAR is in the case with the SM120 straps. I can get one watch and 4 straps in the 1120. I've just bought the 1500 which I hope will house 2 watches and about 10-12 straps. If not I'm in trouble.:-d

1 - 20 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.