WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Re: #### Tuesday 2016/10/20 ####

I recently got the Timex Mod watch from Todd Snyder. I really like the funky bullseye design and I've gotten a few comments about it already... unflattering comments but still at least people notice and I like it when the people around me are comfortable enough to give me crap. It's the mark of true friendship.

Anyway, the grey nato it came on wasn't doing it for me. I've been looking through my collection of leather straps but haven't found anything that I'm happy with. In the meantime I'll use a red and white nato that mirrors the watches color scheme.

Not only am I snarky hipster bastard, I'm also quite stylish.

Who doesn't like freaky people?

·
Registered
6,588 Posts

I'm excited to wear this new arrival tomorrow morning. My "quasi-birth watch."

Probably the coolest watch made in my birth year of 1967 (at least south of Rolex territory) was the French watchmaker Lip's Nautic-Ski. The Super-Compressor dive watch featured a unique "electronic" movement that involved a battery moving the mechanics two years before the quartz watch was introduced. It's a super-hard watch to find now.

Lip did a reissue of the Nautic-Ski in late 2014 -- ditching the electronic movement for automatic and quartz versions -- and now that's super hard-to-find. Well, I found one. (We won't talk about what I paid -- notice this isn't in the "I Saw a Bargain" thread.)

It's got a 38mm case, so 2mm bigger than the original, which is better for me and my big wrist. I went with the quartz version, as the automatic was quite a bit more and I had to have the little lightning bolt that was on the original and is only on the quartz version of the reissue.

Love having it on the wrist. Talk about a watch with personality.

Watch Cool Fashion accessory Photography Fun

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Black Fashion accessory Leather Material property Bracelet

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

I think on Madagascar, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the same day. It's raining here, so I'm going with my Seiko 009, a beautiful solution to too much water falling from the sky.

Watch Analog watch Blue Watch accessory Strap

The leather strap doesn't like water, so I won't be running around in the rain. It is pretty though, innit?

Watch Watch accessory Blue Cobalt blue Electric blue

We are eating at the Serengeti Stop Over just inside the Serengeti with baboons nearby, but my wife insisted on taking the dog. As what? Bait? Still, she did well and wasn't eaten or killed. My wife also took her iPad to get into the African bush feeling--really? Ah well, she is a lovely lady and I do love her, iPad, dog and all.

Blond Sitting Wood Long hair Fawn

Ya'll have a great day if it's Thursday where you are. Have some adult conversations and beverages later in the day and do remember to be kind, especially to those who bring you your food and drink.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts