WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these watches are very different animals, but i've always loved the Ti Ecozilla, and then i go and find this Zodiac Oceanire for around the same price...soooooooo, which would you choose? i am torn between the two and need help...

or this one....

please help me decide!!! AUGGHHH!!!

oh, and feel free to recommend any other divers in the $300-$400 price range...

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If you're really going to dive, get the Eco-Zilla. Similarly if you'll spend a lot of time in the water. It is really too big to wear around the office. The real divers here will tell you how tough it is.

The Zodiac is a handsome mechanical (auto) watch that you can comfortably use on land or in the water. It is a new model, so not sure of the longterm reliability (though Zodiac has a long and good corporate history).

You might consider the Tissot T-Star 1000, NauticFish, Bernhardt Instruments Corsair, Archimede diver, Seiko Samurai, kinetic Seiko Boss, Pulsar Tech Gear Solar diver, or any of a stack of quartz divers.

Steve
Fine watches are like diamonds for men

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that list, Steven..but none of those really set my heart a flutter...i want either an eco Drive type of watch, or an automatic movement watch....just found another one....anyone have any feedback on this watch, or this company?? How does this brand compare to the Zodiac automatic watches?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
The Zodiac is nice, personally I prefer the O&W you put up, it's an excellent brand as well.
I have a ss 'zilla and like Steven said, I think unless you're diving you look like you're wearing a doorknob.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Ti 'Zilla :-!
It's actually comfortable for the size, and you sure as heck will get comments! :-d

I do like the Zodiacs though, I wish they would get the Oceanaire at the local Fossil outlet!

Cheers,
Griff

·
6,880 Posts
For $425 I would pick up a Marathon SAR-D.......do a google search for Marathon SAR-D and it should be the first or second link.

·
Registered
202 Posts
They are both great, I have the yellow Zodiac and it is real easy to wear as a everyday watch but it is a big watch 45mm in dia. the ecozilla is the best if you want to dive, I have the Ti zilla also and it is a large watch and feels it when worn. Go the Zodiac, JMHO.

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Personally I would have the Zilla in a heartbeat as that's trouble free wrist watch pretty much:-! The price for that Zilla is very high though $300+ ish is fair (NEW).
As to the size aspect, I figure from your two choices your not bothered about the bigger watches, the Ti Zilla is a comfortable watch to wear and as light as a feather too.

O&W are good watches but SMALL compared to the Zodi and Zilla.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I never thought I would say this, but for me the Zilla is to big, it feels huge, so I gave it to my son, who knows maybe I am getting old and cranky,:think: but it is still in the family so I can change my mind.:-d
One heck of a watch though!
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
345 Posts
i wear black monster and looks ok on my wrist.. that zilla is huge.. bigget than the monster.. HUGE!!!111111oneoneoneoneee.... get the zodiac.. thats what i would do :)

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Have not owned a zilla, but I do have the Oceanaire and it is a very comfortable watch on the wrist, despite the size and heft...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts