WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I just received my Sea-Gull D304 Limited Edition 00025/10000. It is Tianjin Sea-Gull's official "China's first Aviation Chronograph Vintage Edition" as stated on the collection certificate card. It is being issued to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the Tianjin Sea-Gull Watch Co. Ltd.

I'm real happy that Kevin just got these in stock and I was one of the first to purchase one! :-! It is the same size as the 1963: 36mm case width (39mm wide including crown), 18mm lug width, 12mm thick, 45mm lug to lug, and has the ST1901 movement. It might be hard to see but the sub-hands are blue. This baby winds like butter and sets very well. (My 1963 is a little *stiff*)

It comes in a nice leather zippered case and is mounted on a nice black leather strap with green stitching. Also included is a green elastic 'military' strap. Sorry for the quick & dirty pics. I'll take some more this weekend and compare with my 1963 & 0437 military.

It most closely resembles this original model.

cheers,
gigfy

Attachments

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,372 Posts
Speechless.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Jealous.

o|o|o|o|o|o|o|o|o|o|

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying wearing it. Most leather straps are too small for my 8 1/4" wrist but I'm wearing this one a little loose and still have 2 holes left. |>

BTW, here is the link from the Tianjin Sea-Gull website.
D304 at Seagullwatch

@TO_ARCH
Yes, it has a ST1901 movement. [added to OP]

@ozputera
It sells for $470 (at USSeagull).

cheers,
gigfy

HA! I just realized this is my 2,500th post. I think I'll celebrate by wearing my D304 for the rest of the night. :-! :-d

·
8,372 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
$470 is way too high...I think below $250 is a reasonable price.

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying wearing it. Most leather straps are too small for my 8 1/4" wrist but I'm wearing this one a little loose and still have 2 holes left. |>

BTW, here is the link from the Tianjin Sea-Gull website.
D304 at Seagullwatch

@TO_ARCH
Yes, it has a ST1901 movement. [added to OP]

@ozputera
It sells for $470 (at USSeagull).

cheers,
gigfy

HA! I just realized this is my 2,500th post. I think I'll celebrate by wearing my D304 for the rest of the night. :-! :-d

·
Registered
902 Posts
What puzzles me is what is mentioned in the booklet:

"1965 - the year in which the first Seagull Aviation Chronograph was born" and "to develop aviation chronographs for the Chinese Air Force"

If this was the first chronograph than when was the original 1963 actually made? :think:

If I'm not mistaken the 1963 was made for military aviation...

Any thoughts?

:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s:-s

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am confused...

The D304 looks quite different from the 1963 re-issue that is being sold through HKSeagull etc....Can somebody explain to me which one is the model that went into production back in 1965?

i would like to get one but would like to buy the one that is close to the actual production model that was used by the air force.

thanks~~~

·
8,372 Posts
i would like to get one but would like to buy the one that is close to the actual production model that was used by the air force.

thanks~~~
I think overall the closest of the available variants is the one in Gigfy's drool-worthy post.

I saw another original once, owned by WUS member Zoodles (although I'm unable to find any photos), and it was quite legitimate and much closer to the item in Gigfy's post than current 1963 re-issues.

Plus there's this example at Micmicmor...

...with slightly different hour markers and very different hands. I can't tell you which hands are closer to the original although I seem to recall Mark/Zoodles example had thin hands. I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.