WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a Ticino Pilot watch with a Miyota 8200 automatic movement and the watch is stopping with the second hand right at 46 seconds every few minutes unless the watch is jiggled a bit.

This just started after about 6 months, and prior to that it ran like champ.

Can anyone give me any advice?

- Possible diagnoses, repairman to send to, possible costs, or fix it myself advice?

Its an inexpensive watch, but I like it... although spending a ton on repair cost would be probably be out of the question since the cost of the watch itself was only $125 US.

Anyway, I just thought the expertise of you gentleman here could benefit if you would be so kind.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Re: Ticino Miyota 8200 movement automatic stopping at 46 seconds evey few minutes. Assista

Sounds like the seconds hand is catching the glass!

If the movement is a duffer the movements aren't to expensive to replace 20-30$ tops.

Regs

Bry

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Re: Ticino Miyota 8200 movement automatic stopping at 46 seconds evey few minutes. Assista

Hi,
I have a Ticino Pilot watch with a Miyota 8200 automatic movement and the watch is stopping with the second hand right at 46 seconds every few minutes unless the watch is jiggled a bit.

This just started after about 6 months, and prior to that it ran like champ.

Can anyone give me any advice?

- Possible diagnoses, repairman to send to, possible costs, or fix it myself advice?

Its an inexpensive watch, but I like it... although spending a ton on repair cost would be probably be out of the question since the cost of the watch itself was only $125 US.

Anyway, I just thought the expertise of you gentleman here could benefit if you would be so kind.

Thanks.
A couple of possibilities:

- the second hand is touching the crystal around the 46 second mark. The fix would be to remove the movement from the case and adjust the hands to get proper clearance.

- There is a problem with the sweep second friction spring or sweep second pinion (dirt/defect/wrong tension, etc.). The fix would be to clean the movement and/or adjust/repair the problem.

There are other possibilities as well but a proper diagnosis would require the watch to be in-hand for analysis.

If you have no tools or experience these are not likely to be problems that you can easily fix yourself. A watchmaker could solve your problem but the cost of repair (in some cases) may well exceed the value of this watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts