WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is going on with Tiktox? I was ready to buy the m5600 from them and i sent them an email before 3 months to ask about shipping costs for Greece...they replied and wrote "4 pounds". The watch was at 64 pounds (with VAT, as a message wrote). Before 3 days i lost almost 2 hours from my job to put 85 euros in the bank (almost 68 pounds with shipping). After that, i filled the form and at the checkout, there was a "hidden" VAT almost 13 euros more...(total 77 pounds)! For another time, i lost 1 hour from my job and put the rest of the money in bank...and when i filled the form for the second time, i noticed that they raised shipping costs to 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (total 111 euros)....:rodekaart:rodekaarto|o|o| I'm very dissapointed with them...i almost lost my interest for that model..its very difficult to find it under 100 euros with shipping for Greece via Paypal.

I got sick with "hidden" total prices for international shipping..man! 20 pounds to ship a small watch from UK to Greece...its robbery! i don't want insurance and other stupid expensive options...i feel like living in North Pole!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I can't quite follow the process you're describing, but it does make sense for dealers to use insured shipping that comes with tracking. Otherwise, there's no telling what happended if the customer says the item hasn't arrived.

I prefer to use premium postage when selling from the Sales Corner for the same reason. I don't know the cost of shipping to Greece, but it usually costs me between £10 and £15 to ship abroad from the UK.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't quite follow the process you're describing, but it does make sense for dealers to use insured shipping that comes with tracking. Otherwise, there's no telling what happended if the customer says the item hasn't arrived.

I prefer to use premium postage when selling from the Sales Corner for the same reason. I don't know the cost of shipping to Greece, but it usually costs me between £10 and £15 to ship abroad from the UK.

I'm trying to describe that they "hide" a VAT and they changed their shipping costs without a notice...also, they don't show clearly the total price for international orders...

·
Registered
492 Posts
4 pounds shipping charges to Greece is obviously wrong. But you should have checked "view shipping info" while looking at an article and you would have noticed the 20 pounds shipping charges for Greece.

And during the "checkout" you definitely should pay attention to the shipping charges and the VAT (note that value added tax is now on the watch's net value and the extra shipping cost). No surprises at all.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Have you tried contacting him about it, because VAT is included in the price of the watch. I bought my GW-M5600 from there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't tried to get in contact with them, i will try to get it from Amazon. I don't want to talk with people who hide info like this. Before 3-4 days at the checkout, the watch had a total cost of almost 77 pounds together with shipping costs. Now its almost at 88 pounds.. I'm not going third time to the bank to add a few money. With that rate, they might add 10 pounds the next time i go to the checkout...!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I haven't tried to get in contact with them, i will try to get it from Amazon. I don't want to talk with people who hide info like this.
I really don't understand your problem. Have a look at the attachment, all the infos are there. I faked a adress in Greece and the checkout sum is 88.49 which includes shipping to Greece (20 pounds) and 17,5% UK VAT to the watch's net value plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
did you try contacting them about this? you should say that this is unfair and that there should not be any hidden charges. sounds like you got ripped off from them.

complain to them about this. if they want to keep you as a returning customer, they will do something.

otherwise, file a charge back if you are really unhappy or just never buy from them again.

state that in the e-mail as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Funkywatch,
I also had an extremely unpleasant experience when I attempted to deal with Tiktox.

Why should you be paying UK VAT when you live in Greece? And £20 shipping? :-|

I would like to help you get a GW-M5600 for a reasonable price.
PM on the way.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Funkywatch,
I also had an extremely unpleasant experience when I attempted to deal with Tiktox.

Why should you be paying UK VAT when you live in Greece? And £20 shipping? :-|
Still confused about the "unpleasant experience" since all information is provided by tiktox. Anyway, the thing about UK VAT: Greece is in the EU and so is the UK. Therefore a greek customer buying an item from UK has to pay UK VAT but zero tariff and zero VAT in Greece. Nothing wrong about that. The greek VAT is even higher (19%). ;-)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

i use Royal Mail's 'International Signed For' service which is insured/tracked and its not cost me over £8 to ship abroad yet (which includes Hong Kong, USA, France, etc) though obviously it does depend what carrier they use.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I've used 'Signed For' too, but only to countries that don't support 'Airsure'. The disadvantage of 'Signed For' is that the buyer can't track the onward progress, and I know how much fun / torture that can be... :)

The last watch I sent to the USA cost £14 something, and the one I posted to Canada this week was £11 something. Whether the cost is £10 or £15 depends mostly on the insurance. Some of the watches I send are insured for £150, some for £25.

A G-Shock + packaging is also quite light. Citizens and Seikos weigh much more. And I remember badly miscalculating the cost of an Omega box once... :-(

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have bought from Tiktox on several occasions and never had any problem, Greece is in the EU, and so I believe you are liable for VAT. I am outside of the EU and never had VAT added to any order from them.

When you openly complain on public forums regarding the service of companies/venders, please remember your comments are there for all to see, and can negatively affect all concerned, more to the point they do not go away in time.

I personally believe that if you have issue, it is better to deal directly with the vender and sort out the problem. Bringing such matters the forum adds nothing, without substantiation, and should be viewed as subjective. Clearly repetitive or unlawful actions should be brought forward.

Many of the smaller companies that support the community trade on their reputations, and without them we as a community will only suffer.

Q-6

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I am outside of the EU, but Tiktox refused to deduct the VAT from my order.
So I bought from The Watch Hut |> .
I think you have a valid cause for complaint there, but for anyone within the EU, VAT should be paid, and express shipping (which Tiktox use) can be quite expensive compared to standard shipping.

I can see no hidden charges in funky's case, and nothing out of the ordinary. Of course, if the only option is express shipping and you're not happy paying that, and would rather pay less and wait longer for it to arrive, that's understandable, but I don't see how it's bad practice on the seller's part.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm a bit miffed at them RIGHT NOW also. A few days ago, I was pricing a GW-M5600. Shipping was 10 pounds and the total in US funds was 114.00. Should have bought it then.

Fast forward to RIGHT NOW. Shipping has magically changed to 18 pounds and the total US price is now 131.00.

I believe they are screwing with the shipping price because the US dollar has been on the rebound.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem. This watch can be hard to find at a reasonable price.

I was also interested in this watch, but tiktox emailed me that they will not ship to Canada. Judging by other posts on the forum it seems that they will ship almost everywhere else, even offering "special deals for our USA shoppers". Oh well. I didn't ask why they don't ship to Canada, I just purchased a different G-Shock elsewhere.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have only had good experience with tiktox,:-! As I had already bought 2 g shocks from there before I thought I would phone up to see if he could give me any discount for the riseman, which he did|>|>. Also, amazing service, special delivery to my door 9am the next day! (and that aint cheap at nearly £9), which I might add is included in the price of the purchase. I know I could have got it a bit cheaper from e-bay but he is a reputable casio dealer. I will be using him again..

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I didn't ask why they don't ship to Canada, I just purchased a different G-Shock elsewhere.
There's a few dealers who are reluctant to ship to Canada. As I understand it, it's because the Canadian customs / post can cause very long delays. Long enough that the buyer thinks the package might have gone missing, so makes a number of enquiries of the seller. Tracking data might indicate otherwise, but invariably there's a lot of correspondence, and for some dealers it's just too much trouble.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have only had good experience with tiktox,:-! As I had already bought 2 g shocks from there before I thought I would phone up to see if he could give me any discount for the riseman, which he did|>|>. Also, amazing service, special delivery to my door 9am the next day! (and that aint cheap at nearly £9), which I might add is included in the price of the purchase. I know I could have got it a bit cheaper from e-bay but he is a reputable casio dealer. I will be using him again..
Me too :-!

I've only bought one watch from them, but that was £10 or so cheaper than the best eBay price. And the eBay sellers were all in the Far East, so wouldn't have been able to deliver the watch the next day like Tiktox did.

As to the VAT being added at the end, when I last used the site the price shown includes VAT; it's only when you go to the checkout that you see the price net of VAT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts