WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discoved this today as I was checking my Oceanus OCW-S100 for accuracy. The watch has been spot on for two months with auto sync turned off. When I checked today it was 1 second slow using my Firefox browser. When I checked using my Microsoft edge browser it was 2 seconds slow. Using Google chrome browser it was spot on and then when I checked again 1 second slow. Here is a picture of the three browsers open at the same time.
Just thought this an interesting discovery.

Text Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Often there will be a difference between my cell phone and PC of one second at any given time.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Often there will be a difference between my cell phone and PC of one second at any given time.
You guys are leaving out the "rotational factor" yes, of the planet, and also probably in it's relation to the sun.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Hmmmm interesting though they're all spot on in terms of what I expect from any watch that I own . :-d . .

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That is interesting. What official time site do you guys use other than Time.gov?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It's likely a matter of when the javascript in your browser updates the page.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I know if you refreash and let them stabilize, chrome, edge, and safari all were within 0.1s of each other running on the highest speed internet from xfinity and time.gov. checked it multiple times and posted the pics using burst photography to get that tenth of a second, on the HAQ forum.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
That Time.gov is just unreliable
So seriously, what happens if you set your watch to a time signal that is a second or so slower than it should be? Your watch can't handle the wrong time? The bomb explodes? You miss the rendezvous with the sub? Too late to buy you that powerball lottery ticket?

FWIW my casio 5610 is actually about 1/2 second faster than time.is

Text Web page Font Software Technology

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
I had an issue with time.gov a few years ago. I had made a few purchases and was monitoring the timekeeping of three watches. To my horror, they kept giving sporadic gains and losses. Logic kicked in (thank gawd) and I discovered they had an issue with the website. I've been using time.is ever since. Initially, I thought, there was going to be an alien abduction.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Other factor of course, come into play on the laptop, connection speed, server used, anti virus real time scanning delay. Precise time is not necessary for the retired op. Only in verifying the accuracy of his three month old Oceanus S100 has it been helpful. He was curious about its' accuracy with auto sync turned off. The 5235 module specs state +/- 15 sec per mo and so far his is +/- 0 sec per mo for two months and counting. He did a manual radio sync last night just to compare to the time.is this morning and they are still on the same second. That said this Oceanus seems ready for the HAQ thread.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts