WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been contemplating this for a while.....not really sure if I can do it..... I have my eyes set on another watch (not even an Omega) and I need to make some room. I like the dynamic, but really not really getting much wrist time.

What do you think....

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Been contemplating this for a while.....not really sure if I can do it..... I have my eyes set on another watch (not even an Omega) and I need to make some room. I like the dynamic, but really not really getting much wrist time.

What do you think....

Gee Joe, you coulda come to this realization BEFORE I just bought a new watch. You sure you wanna part with that bad ass pencil holder it came with? - David

·
Banned
4,738 Posts

What do you think....
Looks kinda like you may be having a presale sale Joe.
How much?
jim

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I really like that one Joe.
But I'm a firm believer in wearing all my watches. If it's not getting any wrist time, then I understand your willingness to let it go.

- Jake

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really Jim - i'm just starting on the process of deciding if I really want to let go.... Its a looker and I have had the watch for almost 6 years. Still - just not getting enough wrist time.... That and I would need to find a new place for my pencils

Looks kinda like you may be having a presale sale Joe.
How much?
jim

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'd keep it if I were you, Joe.
+1

How can you not love that nostalgic look of the Dynamic? Start wearing it again and use those convenient 3, 6 and 9 minute indices to time your phone calls:-d

Got to love the small details on that baby:-!

Chris.

·
Registered
792 Posts
That watch is definitely a looker Joe, but if its not getting the wrist time, maybe its time to let it go. Definitely not an easy decision.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Honestly....

...I've never liked the Dynamic chrono much. I kind of like what they set out to do, but they missed the boat when they used the stylized numbers IMHO. If they had stuck with a more strictly military styling it would be far cooler. The 1138 or 1108 for that matter either just never did much for me either, much less refined from the 2892 than the 1120 series. The straps on them on the other hand are some of my favorites from Omega. That's one I could easily let find a better home if there was something else that had caught my eye.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Actually a nice looking Omega BUT too small for my tastes...

Sell it and buy something you'll wear.

You're not a watch museum, as my wife often tells me o|

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I think we need to know what your contemplating Joe as your next purchase?

On the face of it I'd say keep it but if it's to fund something really special..........:think:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yeah, if we knew what it would be helping to pay for... :-!

Though maybe you've been swayed by eptaz and the frog foot team... :-d

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I know what you are going through, Joe. I struggled for months making those decisions and surprised even myself with what I was willing to part with.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a tough one. I do like the looks of the watch. But I did make a decision at one point to release anything that does not get worn. Perhaps I will take Chris advice and wear it a bit and see....

I know what you are going through, Joe. I struggled for months making those decisions and surprised even myself with what I was willing to part with.

Fr. John+

Well- although I have nothing against the frog foot watch, I don't think i'm going down that road just yet. I like vintage, I love bumper movements and there were quite a few companies that made these. I'll give you a clue to what the company's name is: it starts with a J, ends with a C and there's an L somewhere in the middle :)

I think we need to know what your contemplating Joe as your next purchase?

On the face of it I'd say keep it but if it's to fund something really special..........:think:
Yeah, if we knew what it would be helping to pay for... :-!

Though maybe you've been swayed by eptaz and the frog foot team... :-d

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Not a bad choice there, Joe.

The goal of my "thinning" is to eliminate duplicates which means that a vintage must go; specifically, the my cal. 565 Seamaster so that I can keep my special occasion bumper.

I have no problem with that decision but it will be tough to choose between the black and blue SMPs.

Ultimately, I plan to have one chronograph (105.012), one GMT (EXPII), one vintage, and one diver.

I've never owned a Dynamic but I've come close several times. Yours is definitely a beauty.

BTW, I never intended to buy a Rolex. I had been there and done that years ago. I set out to fill the gap I had tried to fill four times with the GW - an all purpose GMT. The EXPII ended up being my GMT of choice and it just happened to be a Rolex. ;-)

Fr. John+

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Joe, if you aren't wearing it, and you aren't saving it as an investment piece, then I'd say give it the old heave-ho.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts