WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just purchased a Stowa Verus 40 (my first Stowa) and received it last Friday. I've notice that the watch is running slowly. I've been using the watch for 4 days straight and it is consistently losing time every day. Last night around midnight, I set my watch using an online clock as a test. By 10AM this morning, it was slow by about 20 secs. While not great, I accepted it as within parameters. However, it is almost 4pm now and I have lost about 90 secs. I mainly wear Seiko or Hamilton (thus far) and I don't remember losing this much time with such a new watch. Am I right to conclude that something is off? For reference, I've only taken the watch off to shower or wash dishes.

Thanks for your input,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would not be happy with that. I assume it is a new watch in which case I would reach out to Stowa. To help time your watch, 'WatchCheck' is a good app for checking daily deviation against GPS or NTP time. It will calculate seconds/day from the last measurement and average over time . There is also 'Watch Accuracy Meter' that uses the phone mic like a timegrapher. These are 'free' apps available for Android. Not sure what there is for iOS. Not much help if your watch actually deviate 20 s/d but anyway...

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
For the movement’s used in that watch -90s a day is too much. Since its so new I would contact Stowa directly about the issue. It may need a service. I would imagine it would be under warranty. Magnetized watches usually gain time, so I dont think thats the cause.

Could have recieved a nasty knock in shipping and that might cause the issue your describe.

Either way, that amount of time loss is not normal.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
That should run at +-10 at the most but I'd guess they do better than that. Send it back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I just purchased a Stowa Verus 40 (my first Stowa) and received it last Friday. I've notice that the watch is running slowly. I've been using the watch for 4 days straight and it is consistently losing time every day. Last night around midnight, I set my watch using an online clock as a test. By 10AM this morning, it was slow by about 20 secs. While not great, I accepted it as within parameters. However, it is almost 4pm now and I have lost about 90 secs. I mainly wear Seiko or Hamilton (thus far) and I don't remember losing this much time with such a new watch. Am I right to conclude that something is off? For reference, I've only taken the watch off to shower or wash dishes.

Thanks for your input,
Hello - is there an update to this situation? Did the time variation change over time, or did you end up replacing the watch? I'm in a similar situation, though not as extreme, and I'm wondering if this is something that will change over time rather than needing to be returned and exchanged.

Thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I buy new automatic watches there is always a "settling in" period, but never that dramatic. My Seatime lost about 5 sec/day when new, but after a month or so settled into a consistent +1. It's been that way ever since and stayed the same after going back to the factory for servicing. I would definitely get in touch with Stowa on that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I buy new automatic watches there is always a "settling in" period, but never that dramatic. My Seatime lost about 5 sec/day when new, but after a month or so settled into a consistent +1. It's been that way ever since and stayed the same after going back to the factory for servicing. I would definitely get in touch with Stowa on that one.
I've been tracking it using the app suggested above for a week now, and it's registering around -7.2s a day. Definitely within the expected range. I didn't have the app to track as reliably earlier, but when I first got the watch it was losing between 15-30 seconds a day. I've had the watch for about 2.5 months. Hope this helps the next first time automatic owner know what to expect!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello - is there an update to this situation? Did the time variation change over time, or did you end up replacing the watch? I'm in a similar situation, though not as extreme, and I'm wondering if this is something that will change over time rather than needing to be returned and exchanged.

Thank you!
Hi. So I reached out to Stowa about the issue and they fixed the watch. Total process took a 2-3 weeks or so. The watch runs great now. Customer service was very helpful and turned the overall experience into a positive one. I would order from them again. Hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts